Any News on Isis?

Haven't heard anything. But I think Aaron Turner is/was busy making the next Old Man Gloom album.

I can't get into Old Man Gloom. It just seems like they constantly switch between sludgey shit and droning shit and it doesn't really work to me. Their albums seem like just hodge-podges of different ideas rather than cohesive works and the best thing about this style of post hardcore IS the cohesive feel the albums contain, so Old Man Gloom does absolutely nothing for me, despite having members of two of my favorite bands, Isis and Cave In.

Robotic Empire is very excited to announce that we will be releasing a series of limited 12"s from Isis in 2004. The undetermined amount of 12"s will contain tracks from the Oceanic record remixed by the best and brightest in today's underground music scenes, including the following newcomers and veterans: J. K. Broadrick, 27, Dalek, Christian Fennesz, Thomas Koner, kid606, Buzz Osborne, DJ Speedranch, Mike Patton, James Plotkin, Venetian Snares, Tim Hecker and perhaps one or two more by the time all is said and done.

The band has recently relocated from Boston to Los Angeles and just completed a brief but satisfying west coast tour with Mogwai. They will now begin working on their next full length album for Ipecac, which they hope to finish writing by next spring.

Thanks, although Im not crazy about that news they relocated to LA- i suppose they will try to dumb down their music for a big record company.

speed said:
Thanks, although Im not crazy about that news they relocated to LA- i suppose they will try to dumb down their music for a big record company.

Actually,the report says they are going to be putting out the album on Mike Patton's label...far from a big record company. This remix stuff doesn't really interest me much. Oceanic is awesome, though.

Well I stand to be corrected, they are on a much better label then, and I can see them becoming even more creative being out there in the morass that is LA. Mike Patton has taken personal involvement? I suppose it shows he has musical taste.

Barefoot In The Dark said:
This remix stuff doesn't really interest me much. Oceanic is awesome, though.
Actually, I have a few Isis remixes on my computer, and I must say they are rather interesting.....I mean just don't rule these out because you are expecting something in the lame techno realm, plus Mike Patton is doing a few remixes for this album.