Any relatives into metal?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Who's got family members into the same kind of music as you? If not the same music, what's the closest they get to within your realm?

Or are you a one of a kind family music outcast that stays quiet during the Barbara Streisand-type conversations at family get togethers? :cool:

Mom likes Opeth, some Hypocrisy, and other melodic metal. She can appreciate the skill of groups like Cannibal Corpse and Carcass but doesn't really enjoy it. Then both my parents and I agree on Pink Floyd, ELP, King Crimson, Alice in Chains, Sublime, etc.

My cousins introduced me to metal about 15 years ago with Iron Maiden, Quiet Riot, and Twisted Sister. I haven't talked to them for a few years now, I should look them up.

Not much really. My younger brothers like stuff like early Metallica, but it's not an obsession like it is with me.

But I always thought that it was kind of cool that my parents were into good music when they were young. Back in the late 60s, early 70s, they were into some of the local stuff going on in Detroit. They used to go to teen clubs and see very very early Alice Cooper, and Bob Seger System (good if you never heard it). My dad was really into the MC5, and later they got into Amboy Dukes, Sabbath, Zepplin. That was the music I listened to when I was really young because it was what they liked, so I had a good start. Sadly, now they listen to shit.

Yeah, one of my cousins is into the symphonic/melodic type of metal. Metallica, Therion, SyX and Darkane are some of her favorite bands, I recently turned her into a Darkane fan
sgrin.gif
. Another one of my cousins used to listen to metal, but ceased to like it since he heard a radio station (probably some religious station) where they said that metal was satanic. Needless to say he got scared as hell and throwed away all his metal albums
err.gif
Yet another cousin of mine is the frontman of a local rock band and is a music teacher in a school nearby.