Any shooters or weapon collecters?

Yea your right, But you must realize when a kid grabs daddy (out in the open un hidden)shotty, goes and gets the (unhhiden out in the open) ammo and plays with it theres two problems, the kid doesnt know wtf hes getting into and the parents are retards.

I keep my ammo in a completly diffrent building. Some of my weapons are on display currently, while others are put up, when children come over I am able to quickly hide them. I inspect my weapons to make sure their unloaded, not cocked, and saftey is on all the time. I keep concouis of the muzzle, I dont even point it at anyone when I know its unloaded, uncocked, and the safteys on.

@metalman i can't tell you a specific model or company which builds these guns unable to be detected by metal detectors, but they definetely exist. they are made of ceramic and plastic. the only thing detectable is the ammo.

Whence I believe I need to use a gun, I will learn to use a gun. I can't see that time coming anytime soon though, and in the meantime I pity those who are already there.

@metalman i can't tell you a specific model or company which builds these guns unable to be detected by metal detectors, but they definetely exist. they are made of ceramic and plastic. the only thing detectable is the ammo.

These guns were being made by an independant contractor in the last decade. They were imade of a ceramic/porcelain polymer and went through metal detectors without setting them off. Commercial ammunition was detectable, but there were other kinds of munitions created for those willing to pay higher costs. Glass/ceramic bullets with fragile heads/enzymes to make them more painful and debilatating than standard ammunitions.

I have a 20 gauge shotgun
22 rifle
blow dart gun
throwing knives
2 swords
pellet gun
BB pistol
paintball gun
pocket knives
throwing star
nunchuks
a staff
2 slingshots
bow and arrows
...............................i think that is about it:)

My pride and joy is a "1911" Colt .45. It was used in WW1.

I Like to remember what the leader of the USSR said back in the cold war "Even if we invaded America we would never control them because of the fact that all people are allowed to carry arms."

Originally posted by Protocol
Whence I believe I need to use a gun, I will learn to use a gun. I can't see that time coming anytime soon though, and in the meantime I pity those who are already there.

Thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard.

And hell takeing freedom away from people who have tasted it is a big mistake.

Originally posted by Lina
yeah, try to block out all the american-on-american murders though.

Ok, after you take care of child molestation/ murder, rape, stabbings, drunk driving, & drug abuse. I'll take care of the murder problem.
Oh! how could i forget! We wouldn't be a nation if the right to bare arms was abolished before the revolution. Silly me.

Originally posted by Tribal
I Like to remember what the leader of the USSR said back in the cold war "Even if we invaded America we would never control them because of the fact that all people are allowed to carry arms."

i doubt very much that you could find that quote (or a version of it) in any realable source...the fact thats atributted to 'the leader of the USSR back in the cold war' should have alarmed any ones sense of judgement...i think you'll find thats propaganda put about by pro-gun types

the whole gun debate gets tedious anyway...'guns don't kill people, people do' 'the first thing hitler did blah blah blah'...america is not on the brink of a tyranical upsurgance that only you and your collection of antique firearms can prevent, why don't ppl just admit that they like firing guns and they don't care if a few anonymous ppl, they never would have met, die, because guns are so easy to get hold of, so long as they're allowed to continue their hobby

Originally posted by Protocol

It'd be handy to have a distance weapon if someone broke into your house.

Amen, Mr. Black.

My point, Tribal, is that you're claiming that the U.S. citizens' right to have guns has protected and possibly saved Americans. That's the most inane thing I've ever heard because the number of American deaths caused by our obsession with guns has far outweighed the number of American deaths committed by other countries.

One thing you'll find on this board, and in any conversation about gun control, is that people who live in the boonies where guns have been romanticized in terms of manly men who hunt and protect their families are against gun control, and the people who live in the cities and see their friends gunned down and fear going anywhere at night and dive to the ground everytime a car backfires are for gun control. No surprises here.

I'm sorry to sidetrack your thread, Juggie. I can't help myself on these matters. :rolleyes:

I think the "hunters" at my school value a cooler of beer more than a rifle when deerhunting. I was looking at other people's drawings on the computer I use at school, and this one was labeled "Goin huntin" In the picture there was a truck with the tailgate open and a cooler of beer on the ground, and a bunch of hicks standing around drinking, don't kill too many deer!

Yeah, making it illegal to possess guns will stop gun-related crime, just like making it illegal to possess marijuana stopped people from getting high.

Oh, wait.

Gun control may be very effective in X postage stamp of a country in Europe, but in all practicality it is impossible to implement the amount of policing required to keep guns out of a country with borders as large and active as those of the United States. So you end up with armed criminals who can have a high degree of certainty that everyone else is unarmed. Fantastic. And how many criminals own legal guns now anyway? Right.

For what it's worth (nothing, been through this many times before...), I can't seem to stay out of these little skirmishes either.

By the way, starting a pro-gun post on this board? Classic. :)

Originally posted by Lina
I'm sorry to sidetrack your thread, Juggie. I can't help myself on these matters. :rolleyes:

Hehe, your just making this conversation more interesting.

Originally posted by justus x
By the way, starting a pro-gun post on this board? Classic.

:lol:

weapons.........guns below belong to my father

shooting:
.44 peacemaker
.44 desert mongoose
.45 colt single action army
walther ppk
ITHACA shotgun
H&K II Uzis
and of course the good old ak47 kalashnikov

swords:
dunno the name but it's the same as Connor MacLeod got from Ramirez in Highlander I
and a bastard sword

Originally posted by justus x
Yeah, making it illegal to possess guns will stop gun-related crime, just like making it illegal to possess marijuana stopped people from getting high.

Oh, wait.

Gun control may be very effective in X postage stamp of a country in Europe, but in all practicality it is impossible to implement the amount of policing required to keep guns out of a country with borders as large and active as those of the United States. So you end up with armed criminals who can have a high degree of certainty that everyone else is unarmed. Fantastic. And how many criminals own legal guns now anyway? Right.
I don't know where you got the idea that gun control equals banning all guns. That right there shows me you haven't thought out the issue very thoroughly.

Of course outlawing guns would be impossible at this point. Demanding safety controls on all guns and more thorough background checks, etc, however, just makes common sense.

And it doesn't in any way threaten the gun use of "law-abiding citizens." All of you on this board who own guns have every reason to support gun control.

The fact that the gun manufacturers and the NRA lobby so hard against gun control is just poor business practice, in my opinion. If they endorsed "responsible" gun use, they wouldn't receive such harsh criticism.

There are of course thousands, but here's a lovely example of the NRA's nonsense: Gun manufacturers Smith & Wesson began offering trigger locks with all of their guns for free. The NRA called for a boycott of Smith & Wesson. WHY?!

In researching this post, I came across the group, Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership. :lol: