Any shooters or weapon collecters?

My bad, Lina, you're right, I responded to you without asking how extreme you were being. I got the impression from your last post before my first that you were one of those people. Every thing you just mentioned is quite reasonable, pardon me, and thank you for your time.

Edit: By the way, in a similar vein: http://www.pinkpistols.org/ I don't think this is the board I saw this posted on, but I read so many I can hardly remember where I saw which anymore.

Gun laws do little to no good. If you look into it, the guns used in crimes are stolen or bought from illegal means anyway. I know that you guys aren't in with the jackass Rosie O'Donell point of view, so i'm sorry for jumping the "gun" with you.:)

i don't believe rosie o'donnell is calling for the banning of guns either. i've only seen her bitch out tom selleck, and i agreed whole-heartedly with her then.

Gun laws do little to no good. If you look into it, the guns used in crimes are stolen or bought from illegal means anyway.
:err: well shit, after all that proof, you've got me convinced.

well of course criminals use stolen guns, their criminals for fucks sake, and these guns the criminals steal, were do you suppose they get them from?, they wouldn't happen to steal them from shops and houses? well maybe if ppl didn't have house full of guns it would be harder for criminals to get hold of legal and illegal guns as well, its not like your local drugdealer is going to try and break into the barracks is it...

I just picked up one of these at a gunshow today. Standered issued sidearm of russian forces since the 1950's, im not sure if its been replaced yet or not. I picked up a Bulgarian one though, everything is exactly the same from it and the Russian one, so im happy.

Russian_military_Makarov.jpg

Juggie (and anyone else), what is the root of your enthusiasm for guns?

Do you enjoy collecting them simply because they're "collectable" -- meaning, it's fun to research them, look for a specific model, and then buy it and display it?

Or is it deeper -- a fascination with death? the power you feel when holding someone's life in your hands? alignment with right-wing fringe movements?

if it's an interest in war history and paraphenalia, do the above questions still play a role deep down?

I think for me it is a fascination with death. I don't own any real guns and probably won't ever, but I think my fascination(not very existant but still there) with guns somewhat stems from that. I think also the power of holding a gun is a very strong thing.

I would never get out of control with a gun, but I will probably never own one just in case I ever have a really bad day. I wouldn't ever resort to violence and harming anyone. My only use for a gun would be protection, and if I ever needed a gun for protection chances are I would try to avoid the place where I would need it. If that means moving to another part of the country, then I would pack my bags and leave.

Lina, you also forgot to ask if it compensates for the lack of size of their male organ. :D

Originally posted by Lina
i don't believe rosie o'donnell is calling for the banning of guns either. i've only seen her bitch out tom selleck, and i agreed whole-heartedly with her then.

:err: well shit, after all that proof, you've got me convinced.

So, your not as informed as I thought. Ms. o'donnell is against people owning guns, except police and military. BUT, when she was in public her body guard had one on him. When she was asked about this she had not a damn thing to say. She is a stupid bitch.

As far as your other question. I was raised hunting and target shooting. No, not sports hunting, I ate what I killed. I hate sport hunting, killing an animal just to hang it up.
My stepfather taught me respect for animals and guns. And what gets me is people who own guns and don't teach their children the dangers of it. My father taught me and I didn't even think about touching them until he said we was going to a gun range.

Originally posted by Lina
Juggie (and anyone else), what is the root of your enthusiasm for guns?

Do you enjoy collecting them simply because they're "collectable" -- meaning, it's fun to research them, look for a specific model, and then buy it and display it?

Or is it deeper -- a fascination with death? the power you feel when holding someone's life in your hands? alignment with right-wing fringe movements?

if it's an interest in war history and paraphenalia, do the above questions still play a role deep down?

When I was younger (12 - 13yrs old) id sit and watch shows about ww2 airplanes and dogfights and stuff, it really interested me. I got to the point I could identify a lot of aircraft (went to an airshow and was able to tell my parents what almost all the aircraft where) then I wanted to know more information so I started reading books. I got interested in tanks and infantry and artillery during WW2, Then got interested in armys of the world throughout history and then into guerrilla fighting. Not practicing it, but reading about it. Ive read about 40 books on these subjects in the last 2 years. (now im 16) But being able to actually own something of history and show it to people and to..most of all..shoot it! is really enjoying for me. When thinking about it, id have so much trouble trying to shoot someone. Holding a gun doesnt make me feel powerful. These tools are some peoples dreams, and other peoples nightmares.