Any singers want to help me out with a Nevermore cover?

Great job guys.. Just not sure about the mix.. I feel like it's too bright and lacks low end... Gonna give it another run later on...

Updated the link, less highs more l0wz. See if thats more in a resonable ball park.

The only real bit I think sounds good is the lead tone, the Roadster is suprisingly awesome for leads, sits in really easy!

only heared the newer mix, isn't too bright imo
Leads are really the most awesome sounding part of the mix as you said
would be awesome if you could get felix' vocals to sit as nice as the leads too (but I won't say too much about good sitting vocals now, as this fucked my life for the last 2 weeks :lol:)
more bass would be cool too

overall really good work, and I'm not biased with the original mix since I don't own the album
love the snare :headbang:

Ahhh might have figured out the problem, I had the fader knob on my finalizer turned down so since the lack of input I was compensating with more limiting and whatnot.

New mix in a minute :p Tried to sit the vocals in a little better aswell.

Yep, better.. But somehow things seem to not be glued together enough (I hope you don't mind me being critical :) ) ... Maybe it's the guitars, they sound a bit too bringt at my end... or maybe the bassguitar is just not "attached" enough to the guitars... Anyways, it still sounds great!

Maybe some kinda placebo effect :D But anyways, like i already said, even if he did something, it'd be still too bright for me :D

EDIT: ok, this time really way better... very close to the original, still needs some glue, and still a bit brighter than the original (which doesn't mean it's worse than it). i'd bring the first lead down a tad, but overall... that's it, spot on!

Thanks! Thought I was going out of my mind for a se...matter of hours there.

Im not going to get in the ballpark of the original, what with the T75 guitars and much heavier in the bass area :p

I was listening to Godless more actually, which has more top than Dead Heart.

I don't hear a HUGE difference tbh, but it seems to sound more even
Still sounds awesome to me too
But I'm not that fresh anymore, been mixing quite a lot lately :Spin:

Well, I haven't been keeping up do date with this lately, so it's been a while since I've heard this. And I have to just say WOW. It's not EXACTLY like the original, but then again, isn't that the point of doing your own cover of a song? It sounds fantastic! Major props to you Jaymz and those involved (I know Felix did the vocals, but did Jason still contribute backing vox?)!!

Cheers! Nay the backing is all Felix, but the whisper bit is a blend of Jasons and Felix :)

Yeah, the vocals are quite different and some of the guitar parts aren't quite the same either. But after a while I kinda got used to it and as you say its alright to go a little off road with a cover :)

For me the mix and master sounds fantastic!!! I can live with it more than well. But i´m not a mastering engineer. Maybe someone well experienced like James Murphy could help out a bit more in this case :)