Any specific compressor of plugs to warm up synths?

nwright

Apr 19, 2005
New Castle, Indiana
www.myspace.com
I'm looking at doing a remix project and one of the intruments is a synth. I've not done much with synths in metal, and the band thinks the current synth tones are a little "shrill and nasaly". They'd like to warm up the synth tones if possible. I'm mainly looking at what plugs I currently have to warm up the tone...I can handle most everything else, but not being familar with synth tracks, I don't know which plugs would work the best for fattening up the tracks.

A cursory trial of those Antress Modern plugs (the dbx emulator, the ModernChannel and Modern Comp to be specific) gave me some good results, but what do you guys use?

I have Waves Diamond Bundle, Waves Mastering, Ozone, the GVST stuff and the free Antress stuff.

no, synths were done using a Yamaha Motif and Korg Triton Extreme.

I may not even need to use anything else if I see it's a matter of EQ, but I want to be prepared by knowing what to use from my roster of plugs. In the area of synths, I've never used any plugs, other than MB comp.

For my bands CD, I had a few songs with synth pieces I wrote, but I ran my ROland Phantom88 straight in and only used a light MB comp to give it a bit more clarity.