Any tips for PP 2007?

Hey, you definitely shouldn't miss the new Tarot album "Crows Fly Black"
- it's more prog and it's more power than they ever did before - and still it's Tarot all over!

You can listen to the full title track in the sound section of their homepage:

Tarot songs

Give it a try!!

Cheerz

Bringa said:
Oganalp, you actually have to send them demos yourself. Physical copies, you know? Don't be lazy now ;)

And who told you that I didn't send packages Bringa san ? :) Their promo copies are on their way, my message was a bit more "listener" oriented, rather than "promoter" oriented. No one promotes a band to a promoter through a forum message, well not us at least, even though it is VERY attractive (for lazy people :p)

Take care buddy :D

BTW, another band I would like to suggest: Sieges Even

It'd be great if they invited you, Oganalp :) We could finally meet, after all these years.

And Sieges Even... I saw them at Headway and they're FUCKING amazing live. Really incredible. They're in my all time top 3 of bands as well, so yeah. Bring 'em if you can!

I'd like to see Dead Soul Tribe next year.
I've seen them this year in Belgium en hell they were massive.
Also Green Carnation again (2005) would be very fine

And i know there not that much Prog but Saturnus should fit perfect in the Progpower line-up

Pyramaze said:
Yes they are, and really nice guys. Drew Creel is one of the nicest guys you will ever met. I hope that Rene sees this and looks into them, i know they are hoping for a slot at PROGPOWER USA VIII next year :headbang:

Another band to check out is Fair to Midland, now these guys are different but amazing

Well, I just discovered Suspyre! They are bloody fantastic as well.

Btw I gave Meyvn a 9.2 rating in my review in Aardschok.

I would love to see them live!

Tears of Anger
Krux
Kamelot
Any band with Derek Taylor (Crimeny, Eniac Requiem, etc)
Tomorrow's Eve
Savatage

Just got the Krux and Tomorrow's Eve CD's and both are indeed verrrrrrry good !! The others I wouldn't mind either...Well, I will be travelling to the US in 2007 unfortunatly so I'll have to pimp them there :p

Well, as the latest additions to the PP Europe bill forced Hawk and me to cancel our 2007-PP US trip I wanna pimp one more band;

Heir Apparent !!

I saw them live a few weeks ago at the Keep it True festival in Germany and they are amazing live !! I think Heir Apparent should be concidered as one of those 80's bands that made foundations for the current ProgMetal scene. Their 80's album "Graceful Inheritance" I think is just as important as , to name the big few, Queensryche and Fates Warning albums of that area. Quit complex but very melodic Metal. The old stuff still is exceptionally strong live these days and can compete with 90% of the current ProgMetal bands !! Besides that it's a bunch of great musicians and a helluva vocalist... A good thing for organisers is that they only ask airplane ticks and sleep accomodation and the possibility to sell some promotional stuff... :headbang:

Well, as the latest additions to the PP Europe bill forced Hawk and me to cancel our 2007-PP US trip I wanna pimp one more band;

Heir Apparent !!

I saw them live a few weeks ago at the Keep it True festival in Germany and they are amazing live !! I think Heir Apparent should be concidered as one of those 80's bands that made foundations for the current ProgMetal scene. Their 80's album "Graceful Inheritance" I think is just as important as , to name the big few, Queensryche and Fates Warning albums of that area. Quit complex but very melodic Metal. The old stuff still is exceptionally strong live these days and can compete with 90% of the current ProgMetal bands !! Besides that it's a bunch of great musicians and a helluva vocalist... A good thing for organisers is that they only ask airplane ticks and sleep accomodation and the possibility to sell some promotional stuff... :headbang:

I'd have to agree 100% with what carnut said here. Heir Apparent are an amazing live act. And they sure do deserve a place on the prog-power bill.

Besides some of those great bands you all already mentioned (Into Eternity, Sieges Even, Deadsoul Tribe etc.) there is one great new German band called STEP INTO LIQUID : http://www.stepintoliquid.de/

Besides that I would love to see Povertys No Crime ( I guess Volkers voice is back again), Zero Hour and (dreaming) Othyrworld/Sacred Blade :Smokin:

I have looked at all the posts in this thread, and hey come on guys and gals leave some of the awesome bands for us at ProgPower USA, i mean you already got MEYVN, and MECHANICAL POET, and JON OLIVIA'S PAIN. This is going to be a great year for both ProgPower's. We have RAINTIME, FIREWIND, VIRGIN STEELE, AND REDEMPTION so far for PPUSA. Glenn(PPUSA) and Rene(PPEUR) as always are doing a great job.

I have looked at all the posts in this thread, and hey come on guys and gals leave some of the awesome bands for us at ProgPower USA, i mean you already got MEYVN, and MECHANICAL POET, and JON OLIVIA'S PAIN. This is going to be a great year for both ProgPower's. We have RAINTIME, FIREWIND, VIRGIN STEELE, AND REDEMPTION so far for PPUSA. Glenn(PPUSA) and Rene(PPEUR) as always are doing a great job.

Shut up dude! :lol:

We want Redemption to come to PP Europe. They should cancel PPUSA!! :headbang: