any tips on intense screaming?

hammer_smashed_face

New Metal Member
Apr 27, 2004
well actually, does anyone have any tips on screaming in general? I'm not talking about Black metal screams, I mean painful sounding grindcore screams, like Agoraphobic Nosebleed (see the song "Flaming Youth", where the instruments stop and the vocalist screams) and Pig Destroyer. I really have no idea how to do these at all, so any tips you might have, let me hear em.

Football in the groin.

Just like the last poster said..... just be careful to protect your voice. It's easier to screw up your vocal chords than you would think. It's the only one you have. I'm not going to dog you out or pick at you and this is not meant in a harsh way, but don't let this go in one ear and out the other.
If you don't work your way up to singing the intense stuff, your singing career could be very short. Vocal lessons wouldn't be a bad idea either. Though some old fart teaching you to sing some chorus crap seems like total crap, you would be very surprised how many vocalists (even to including some of your dirty vocalists) have had some formal vocal training.

Bryant