Any updates on new CD?

Shocker

New Metal Member
Oct 14, 2007
Any updates as to when the new album will be sent out to ppl who pre ordered it? I want it now! lol

After the last finishing touches, final mixes are complete (and crushing!). All the artwork and layout has been signed off and delivered, the album is scheduled to be mastered within the next couple weeks and will go to press immediately afterwards. It's finally getting finished! I myself wonder how it will feel to hold the final product in my hands for the first time. It will be a very strange moment, both bitter and sweet. The world will be a much different place for Dan, Jessica and I having this process behind us. Most undergraduate University degrees take four years...this album took more than three... You get the idea.

Upon listening to all the tracks in sequence from beginning to end for the first time, (IMO) I confirm that with 'Woods III' we've been successful in creating an 'album' and not just a collection of songs. Even at 15 tracks / 73 minutes, the album tells a (long) story, with songs and moods in a logical order, making sense altogether. It's all connected as one body of work. I'm very proud with what we accomplished. Though the album will be technically released in late 2007, I wonder if it will be officially recognized as a 2008 release by the metal press / magazine world because it is already so late in the year. Either way, I expect to see Woods III to appear on many top 10 lists, be it this year or next. IMO (again) I think we've created one of the most impressive and professional independent metal projects, ever. Imagine what we could potentially do on a decent label instead of paying for everything out of our own shallow pockets like we've been doing for the last 5+ years... We think about that all the time. If "Woods 3" isn't good enough to get us to the next level, then nothing else we could do will ever be.

Thanks again for your interest, support and patience!

Excitement / agony.

DG & the Woods...

Sounds perfect-- it'll be in my hands in time for the 28 days I have off starting in early December, so I can give it the proper 50-play treatment in its initial run.

Sounds like it might be out just before Christmas, hopefully it is, I'd love to get it as a gift.

Man Dave you make me real excited to hear this. I'm soooo glad I haven't heard any of the tracks off it yet, cause going into an album totally fresh, not knowing any of it, is the best way about it, especially when it has this much potential. I hope its as epic and classic as you say.

And just want to say thanks Dave and the band for giving so much time and effort and dolla dolla bills to perfect the album. You can tell when an album is rushed and this clearly won't.

I've listened to two tracks so far, The Northern Cold, only because theres a video, and Thrill Of The Struggle for shits and giggles, so I'll be going into this album pretty much fresh, I'm sure it'll be as totally sweet as Dave says it is.

Having listened to the songs on Facebook (though making sure not to over listen, other than a couple), I can clearly say this is going to be in my top 10 albums for this year, and this has been my favourite year for metal in the history of ever. Stuff sounds absolutely crushing, and thats with crappy production. Being able to listen to this all shiny and finished will be amazing. And Dave, I'm SOOOO glad you said that it sounds like a full album. I love listening to albums all the way through, and I always listen for consistency, and love albums that feel like parts of one overall huge idea, not just a bunch of small ideas (which is also why I love concepts). Anyway, I'm done ranting, but this is gonna blow some minds.

If Woods Of Ypres can't get on a decent label then something is wrong with the labels out there. Good luck with it guys! :kickass:

So psyched for Woods III, sounds like it will be a master piece.

O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy O Boy
im excited, im sure its alll i will listen to on the way to school for a long time

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm gonna listen to it like 5 times in a row when I first get it.

Dave, got a question for you, if you can tell me. I've been listening to Distractions of Living Alone on Facebook a lot, really grown on me, and I LOVE the lyrics. I'm just curious about what the lyrics are in the middle harsh section when you sing "something something the distractions of living alone". I can't quite make it out. Fantastic song. And finally got a stamp, so my pre-order will be out within the next two days :p

Dauden,

I've been listening to Distractions of Living Alone on Facebook a lot, really grown on me, and I LOVE the lyrics. I'm just curious about what the lyrics are in the middle harsh section when you sing "something something the distractions of living alone". I can't quite make it out. Fantastic song.

The lyric is "Haunted by the distractions of living alone."

Any more updates for the crazy whacko WoY fans out there like me? Gone to press yet? Only a couple more weeks? PWEESE! haha