Any updates on Threshold?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
It has been quite a while since we received an update on what's going on in the Threshold camp. How is the new album coming along? Has songwriting started? What kind of direction will they be taking? And most importantly, when can we expect the new release?

It's been awfully dead on this forum lately.

We're busy working on the new album at the moment. The release date should be sometime in the second half of 2011 but we don't know a specific date. It's too early to tell you details of the new music just yet. We're also busy preparing for a few live shows in March and April. Hopefully we'll also have some summer shows to announce soon, as well as a full tour once the new album is out. The forum does look a bit quiet at the moment, probably more people using other social networks nowadays.

Writing for the new Threshold album is proving to be a very positive experience. It has been quite some time since the last songs were concluded at the end of 2006. Most of the band members have composed something at this stage, so that will add to the diversity! It’s a shame people are so taken by social networking these days, as that excludes those who enjoy simply watching activity on a forum and therefore limits a band’s exposure.

It’s a shame people are so taken by social networking these days, as that excludes those who enjoy simply watching activity on a forum and therefore limits a band’s exposure.

This is partly true, but partly not - social networks, in some way, are something like a forum with members invited by you, so you mostly interact with people you already know (and like!), there's no trolls and so. Plus, they add - where available - the one-to-one relationship with musicians and people you're fan of.
And it definitely doesn't limit the band's exposure (I came to know about the newly added Threshold gig 'cos Iris posted it on Facebook), at all.

On the other hand, the forum gathers fans from all over the world, so it's good to get to know people with the same interests. As a long time member of this forum, I've always noticed lack of activity in parallel with lack of news from the band, and viceversa: when Dead Reckoning was just released, for example, there's been a lot of posting and lots of new members.
So I expect this forum to be pretty much "alive" when the new album will be out!

Last thing: internet keeps on changing every day, and so does the way we "virtually relate" to each other: first there were Mailing lists, then IRC chats, then forums and communities, then social networks (Myspace first, facebook now): I think that every band (epsecially those who still haven't reached that critical mass) has to "follow the trends" regarding the way to interact with the fans, and I appreciate the fact that Threshold still has the forum in parallel with the new social networks, as facebook, myspace, twitter and so. :)

I check for updates here all the time, usually I don't find anything. But I'm glad to hear things are moving! Lately I've been listening to more Threshold and I'm getting really excited for a new album

Try here too

http://beyondthresholdfanclub.tumblr.com/

If you go down the right hand side you will find a section headed "Pages" which should speak for itself

We try and bring all the official and unoffical news for Threshold and any associated acts of the band members (Kyrbgrinder, Maiden United, DWB, My Soliloquy, Shadowland etc. etc.) to you in one easy to find place, and add in regular "magazines" that have stories you wouldn't find in the press.

We don't aim to replace the Threshold website, this forum, the other band sites or Facebook etc. but rather to enhance it!

Issue 6 of the magazine should be out soon

We're trying really hard to get some news for the next issue of Beyond but it's not easy getting hold of anyone when they are working on an album AND getting ready to play live!

But rest assured, we're looking forward to it too!

It’s a shame people are so taken by social networking these days, as that excludes those who enjoy simply watching activity on a forum and therefore limits a band’s exposure.

I agree, but at the same time it is the 21st Century. When I was a kid, all we had were the magazines. News about new album updates/band activities came once a month (if that), not daily or hourly. I recently had a coversation with a friend about this and we agreed that the mystery is gone with the internet age. The mystery was a wonderful thing, as whenever a new album was released it was like Christmas! Plus. as a bonus, you could cut the pix out of the magazine and plaster them on your bedroom walls, school lockers, principle's office windows, etc, etc. Oh, the ravages of time!!

...sorry, that was pretty lame...:oops: