Anybody knowledgable of routers and wireless settings?

Jun 26, 2009
New Jersey
I just got my rig up and running again after having to send back my faulty RAM that kept causing BSOD's. I'm connected to my network with full signal at 150 mbps but every few minutes I get a dropout with 100% packet loss. I have tried switching channels, not using any security (WPA, WEP etc) and messing with all my wireless properties. This started happening out of nowhere and has been happening for almost a week now. I've tried reinstalling the drivers on both my router and my wireless adapter with no luck. Any ideas? I'm assuming sprack will swing by and fix my problem like he has been doing for years? lol

i had the same crap happening when i recently hooked up a router in my place, and for whatever reason, the comcast guy told me to unhook the ethernet cable that ran from the cable modem to the router, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in. i thought he was reaching because he had no real solution, but as dumb as it sounds, it worked. even now, maybe once every few weeks the signal will drop out, and i'll repeat this and it'll magically come back on. *shrug*

Sweet I will give that a shot tomorrow.

Btw for anybody building a rig at any point in their lifetime, do not buy an Nvidia GTX560ti if you want gaming on the side. Its caused me so many blue screens, lockups and glitches that its unbearable and if it didn't cost me $250 id smash it to pieces and send it back to them