Anyone else get a Kaledon CD?

BringTheSteel63

New Metal Member
Oct 12, 2007
First off, let me say it was my first time at ProgPower and damn was I floored. I mainly came for Primal Fear and Sonata Arctica, but I was pleasantly surprised by a lot of the other bands. Virgin Steele is definitely a new favorite (heh, I bet they're even better with a bassist.)

Anyway, I got handed a CD by this band from Italy called Kaledon. I wasn't expecting much from a giveaway of what looked to be the full album, but it was actually pretty good. I'm surprised that this is their fourth CD and I haven't heard of them yet. They sound a bit like Labyrinth, with touches of Rhapsody (of Fire)...pretty much what you'd expect an Italian power metal band to sound like, but still very catchy.

Anyone else get the CD? Also, anyone know where you can buy the other 3 albums, or if they're out of print?

Kaledon's not bad, but the singer is just way too high pitched for my liking. Also, the production on the first two were awful. The third was the first really decent CD.

Haven't listend to the fourth yet(I also received a free one). Hopefully they've continued to progress. Although I still won't say they are good, they have shown improvement with each album.

Nice outfit!

I have a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with this band. Their stuff is really cheesy, but they're a guilty pleasure at times. One of the worst songs I've ever heard in my life is "God Says Yes". You can hear it on their MySpace page: www.myspace.com/kaledon. It's a fucking trainwreck.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, let me say it was my first time at ProgPower and damn was I floored. I mainly came for Primal Fear and Sonata Arctica, but I was pleasantly surprised by a lot of the other bands. Virgin Steele is definitely a new favorite (heh, I bet they're even better with a bassist.)

Anyway, I got handed a CD by this band from Italy called Kaledon. I wasn't expecting much from a giveaway of what looked to be the full album, but it was actually pretty good. I'm surprised that this is their fourth CD and I haven't heard of them yet. They sound a bit like Labyrinth, with touches of Rhapsody (of Fire)...pretty much what you'd expect an Italian power metal band to sound like, but still very catchy.

Anyone else get the CD? Also, anyone know where you can buy the other 3 albums, or if they're out of print?
I got a copy, too.

a>

Sure!

If you're not going to contribute to the discussion and just post an advertisement to your (horribly-designed) webshop, you should:
  1. Learn how to correctly use tags
    [*]When you fail at that, edit your post instead of making a new one (which fails again)
    [*]Make sure the URL you post to plug your website is spelled correctly (hint: it's not!)
    [/LIST]

:)

I just checked Kaledon out on Myspace ... and I'm pretty sure I haven't heard anything so ridiculous or poorly sung as that since I made the mistake of listening to Tom Waits. I couldn't get past the vocals long enough to give the musicians a fair judgment ... and I don't plan to.

But that's just me. >_>