Anyone ever use the Waves APA?

I am using pro tools... thats why I'm asking about things like the APA and UAD... is there a way to make my own processor like this from things on newegg.com or the like?

or can I even use another computers processor and slave it together or something like that?

Yes a UAD is the shit, great plugs, and fxteleport is the shit too if you have and old pc laying around.

I did a test: I can run 92 c4 instances on my E6400 2.13 ghz dual core cpu with a 1024 buffer, if I add another instance then the system hangs up.
I think that a good test must have different plugs.
Oh anyway I'm ok with my system I don't think I'll ever use so many plugs buahahah usually I just use my favorite EQ3 or EQ2 on protools and the mighty d-verb, sometimes the great SSL channel.

1. you dont have to sign for wup in waves like me but the problem is that you cant use the new plugins in the bundles like for me the tune in platinum

My question is: Can I slave my windows XP pc with my new mac Book pro?

This would be nice?

Best regards gabriel

What makes you think I can't?

if you have protools do a test and let's see what you can do, maybe your configuration is damn good, who knows.
I'll boost my dual core to make it work as yours, we got the same cpu, you just boosted yours right? becasue if it's a 6400 dual core the clock is rated at 2.13Ghz, then I'll see if it can load all that stuff.

cheers

if you have protools do a test and let's see what you can do, maybe your configuration is damn good, who knows.
I'll boost my dual core to make it work as yours, we got the same cpu, you just boosted yours right? becasue if it's a 6400 dual core the clock is rated at 2.13Ghz, then I'll see if it can load all that stuff.

cheers

The problem is, I don't have pro tools. Which version are you running? M-Audio Powered? Maybe there's a demo version I can try.

However, since my machine is clocked 50,2% higher than yours; i.e (3200-2130)/2130 = 0,50235 = 50,2%, it makes perfect sense for me to be able to run 50% more plugins than than you. Besides that, my DAW is perfectly configured, so I think I'd be closer to hit my guesstimate of 140-150 than the "guaranteed" 138. (that is, 92 x 1,502 = 138)

But there's no need to go Eastwood. :) Still, as the last post suggested, here's some nice music for this thread: CLICK

The problem is, I don't have pro tools. Which version are you running? M-Audio Powered? Maybe there's a demo version I can try.

I'm running protools LE (no m-powered) , if you ain't got a digi002/digi003/mbox you can't run protools LE, the same goes for m-powered if you ain't got a m-audio card you can't run it.

Anyway Fredrik the problem is really protools, on cubase, for example, I can run more instances for sure, I did test in the near past with cubase, goddamn that software can take more plugs without drop outs.
Pro tools is the evil side of the force!

However, since my machine is clocked 50,2% higher than yours; i.e (3200-2130)/2130 = 0,50235 = 50,2%, it makes perfect sense for me to be able to run 50% more plugins than than you. Besides that, my DAW is perfectly configured, so I think I'd be closer to hit my guesstimate of 140-150 than the "guaranteed" 138. (that is, 92 x 1,502 = 138)

I'll try to do an overclock, let's see I hope to have stability

But there's no need to go Eastwood. :) Still, as the last post suggested, here's some nice music for this thread: CLICK

oh great advertising eheh ;) I can't listen to that now but I think it will rock as the rest you posted :headbang: