Anyone going to see Maiden?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
They're playing 4 nights in NYC in January, and tickets go on sale this Saturday. I hear tickets cost $67 a piece. Unbelievable. Any rumours as to who might be supporting on the US leg of this world tour?

I'll probably go, just because this is their last tour (outside of big festivals), and of course I want to see the new stuff live - especially Paschendale.

Hell yeah man! I'm seeing them in Cardiff on the 15th! Be my 5th time :D can't fucking wait man!!!!!!

$67 is close to £40, isn't it? Shit man, that was about the cost of this year's Donington ticket! :eek: (well, a one day one)...the ones for the UK leg were about £20, I think. Though to think that Metal 2000 was just £18...

I'm seeing Maiden in London next Friday (12th Dec). That ticket cost me £27.50 which is average for London. This is gonna be my year end highlight.

Maiden are playing the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC - it seats 4000 people only. I assume then that the $67 cover charge makes up for the lack in attendance.

OK 5 tickets bought for Maiden at the Hammerstein, NY.

Me go cut up credit card now. :loco:

Anyone got a current set list by the way?

EDIT: Found one from Europe.....

Intro
Wildest dreams
Wrathchild
Can I play with madness?
The trooper
Dance of death
Rainmaker
Brave new world
Paschendale
Lord of the flies
No more lies
Hallowed be thy name
Fear of the dark
Iron maiden
Journeyman
Encore: The number of the beast
Run to the hills

Can I Play With Madness is a bit of a surprise, Lord Of The Flies even more so :eek: five of the six new songs I'd predicted would be in Maiden's set are there :D 8 songs that I've seen live four times before is a bit :bah: but as my mate said, they're the classics, and as I said, there'd be a riot if they weren't played :p

I went to see Iron Maiden last night at Earls Court in London.

This was an amazing concert and every single one them gave a great performance including Janick Gers. The stage set was just awesome and by far the best track played that night (for me) was Paschendale. The lighting effects and the roar of ammunition and mortal shells was just incredible. The set list that Jaykeeley wrote down for Europe was exactly what was played last night.

For all those that are about to see Maiden I can tell you that it will blow your mind. By the way Maiden made it very clear that this is NOT their last tour as they will be making more albums and doing more tours. Hooray! :)

On a final note: When they played Journeyman, Bruce made a speech that on future albums this could be something which we will hear more of. I was speechless because I too had come to that conclusion during my review of that album.

Just call me Mr Nostradamus and at night call me Mr Nosferatu. :)

Hells yes! \m/

Ayeka, ChiefB, btw, I have pretty decent recordings of both those shows you went to btw...in fact, I have nearly the entire European tour at my disposal.

I can tell you from listening to some of them, that it's a great setlist (much better than say, the Brave New Tour was) and they seem inspired. I heard the Montreal show the other night was wicked. Can't wait!

Ali, we're going in EARLY and getting drunk.

markgugs said:
Ali, we're going in EARLY and getting drunk.
A certain Ice Maiden & crew from Metal Rules will be in town as well. Everyone's flying into NY for Maiden. NY is going to be crawling with Maiden fans from around the world on Saturday night. :tickled:

JayKeeley said:
A certain Ice Maiden & crew from Metal Rules will be in town as well. Everyone's flying into NY for Maiden. NY is going to be crawling with Maiden fans from around the world on Saturday night. :tickled:
Is she really?! Oh I can't wait to see them again! I had such a great time at Wacken...any chance she is still with Thomas?

Dark One said:
D'OH!!!!!!!! Wish I had a ticket, the Saturday show was the first to sell out, it was too late by the time I looked into it. :cry:
Wait a minute - so you're going to miss the Dance of Death tour altogether?! Or did you get tickets for a different night in NY? Assuming you're not flying to LA for the show of course, heh...