Anyone going to see rest stop oct 17th?

biloch

New Metal Member
Jun 23, 2005
Looks pretty good, maybe it'll be a respite from the hollywood trash horror movies that we've seen an influx of...

from reststopdvd.com;

Nicole (Jaimie Alexander) and Jess (Joey Mendicino) begin a cross-country road trip together from Texas to Hollywood. After a very close encounter with a drunk driver on the highway, the unsuspecting couple pull over at an almost empty rest stop just off the road. As Nicole comes out of the murky ladies rest room, she is shocked to discover Jess has left her stranded, with no cars in sight, except for the rusty old RV sitting in the parking lot. This is when their carefree road trip takes a drastic turn for the worse… and Nicole finds herself in an all-night cat-and-mouse with the driver of that yellow truck they encountered -- who she begins to believe is some kind of psychotic killer who's been stalking this area for decades.

Confined to the rest stop in the middle-of-nowhere and having to fend off the driver, Nicole encounters a creepy family in a Winnebago, a previous victim and a highway patrolman. However, with all her attempts to enlist help from the people she meets, she ends up alone. Challenged with outwitting the sociopath at his own deadly game, Nicole is forced to rely solely on her survival instincts as she tries to out-maneuver the perverse stalker who will stop at nothing to taste her blood…

rest-stop.jpg

It'll probably be comparable to the other recent Hollywood horror movies, with less and less emphasis on story and more and more towards gore, death, and how much violence they can pack in. Which people have different opinions on for sure, so you might like it or hate it.

Personally, I want more crap like Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th, though not necessarily more sequels.

Hmm, being written by the same person who did the x-files and themovie supernatrual I hope that there is some emphasis on the story in similar vein to his other work. But gore, death and dismemberment in copious amounts is always a plus in my eyes :).