Anyone have albums they CAN'T get burned out on ?

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
While I always state my fave band is Vanden Plas, I have only been listening to them for about six years. I have been listening to Accept's "Metal Heart" and "Balls to the Wall" for twenty years. I can't recall a time ever getting burned out on those releases. They just push the right musical buttons for me. What releases do ya'll have that you just never get tired of ?

Bryant

Got this with Queensryche - Queen of the Reich EP, but mostly it's just some songs of different groups I keep on playing, not complete albums...

carnut said:
Got this with Queensryche - Queen of the Reich EP, but mostly it's just some songs of different groups I keep on playing, not complete albums...

Bow to carnut !! Bow to Carnut !! Only "Operation Mindcrime" do I find better than the EP. That is an underrated release.

Bryant

First four Queensryche releases [I bought the first 4 remasters last week in one go ;)], Sieges Even - A Sense of Change, Queen - Queen II, Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny, Slayer - Reign in Blood mmm lets see what else? I'll think about it some more and get back to you :)

I have to say Metallica - Master Of Puppets....My mom got it for me when I was just a wee lad and things have never been the same since the haha :D

Hmmm Led Zepplin 1, Rolling Stones Hotrocks, Metallica Master of Puppets, Motley Crue To Fast for love up to Girls girls Girls,Edguy The Savage Poetry, Slayer Decade of Aggression Live, Savatage Gutter Ballet

lets see, Dream Theater: Scenes From A Memory,
Megadeth - Rust In Piece,
Metallica - Master of Puppets,
Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows,
Pride & Glory - s/t,
Black Label Societ - all of them,
Opeth - Black Water Park and Damnation.

All my collection. I have a simple rule, if I ever hesitate in playing an album becasue I feel "bored" with it, the album exits my collection next day. I don't have spave for music that I wouldn't like at any given moment. At this moment Destiny's End albums are close to it, because everytime I hear them they bore me (I shouldn't bought them at first place).

I gotta say I agree with Wyvern in that lately I've been weeding out the "filler" in my collection. But here are a few of my favorites that I just can't seem to EVER tire or bore of.....

GNR - Appetite For Destruction - Come on! One of the best albums ever!
VAN HALEN - II - even when I'm burnt on VH this one never fails to move me, especially "Bottoms Up"
KISS - s/t
SOCIAL DISTORTION - White Light, White Heat, White Trash
JOHNNY CASH - American IV, The Man Comes Around - Yes, this is the one with "hurt" on it but there are so many better songs than that on this one...
LYLE LOVETT - Pontiac
JOHN MELLENCAMP - The Best That I Could Do - Grtst Hits! come on! Jack and Diane? If you ever tire of that song check your pulse!
LA GUNS - Cocked and Loaded - an underrated classic!
JUNKYARD - S/t remember them???

Mine would be:

Riot - Fire Down Under
Venom -Welcome To Hell
Manowar - Battle Hymn
Tygers Of Pan Tang -Spellbound
Kiss - Hotter Than Hell Not really metal but HEAVY
Heavy Pettin' - First one (Hell It Beautiful)
UFO - No Heavy Petting (On With The Action kills me every time I hear it!!)

Man I'm old hahaha

Now Cranckin' -Nazareth -Except No Mercy

I love this place !!!!!!!

The album I´ve been listening to most frequently (about 1,200 times until now) and which has always made it into the top 10 of my yearly playlists since I bought it 1991 is Fear Of God´s "Within The Veil". Though I don´t listen to it as often as I used to in the first years after its release, I still love it as much, especially Dawn Crosby´s (R.I.P.) vocals, which to me are some of the most impressive I´ve ever heard, but I like this album in any respect, not just vocal-wise.

My unrivalled no. 1 since April 2002 has been "Terrestrials" by Atrox - within the rather short period of two years it got about 400 spins and though I won´t continue to listen to it as often as I´ve done so far (because there are always some new albums to which I usually listen more often than older stuff - at least in the first few months:D ), it is very unlikely that I´ll ever get bored with it, because just as "Within The Veil" I like this one in any respect as well and there´s so much to discover!

Another (more recent) album I still haven´t got enough of is Nightwish´s "Oceanborn".

As far as older albums are concerned, "Suffering Hour" by Anacrusis is one of the albums I´ve been listening to most consistently since its release, as well as Znowhite´s "Act Of God", Détente´s "Recognize No Authority" and Voivod´s "Killing Technology".

And finally, some of the "oldest" albums I still like (nearly) as much as when I listened to them for the first times (though I listen to them very rarely now) are Metallica´s "Ride The Lightning" (it sort of started it all for me) and Fates Warning´s "The Spectre Within".
Well, there are lots of other albums from the late eighties/early nineties that I still like and listen to (occasionally), but sometimes it might take some years until I rediscover them - and wonder why I haven´t listened to them more often.

I never get burned out when listening to these essential (for me) albums:

UDO - Animal House
OVERKILL - The Years Of Decay
METALLICA - Ride The Lightning
ANTHRAX - Among The Living
RAVEN - All For One
KING DIAMOND - The Eye
MANILLA ROAD - Crystal Logic
VITAL REMAINS - Let Us Pray
DREAM THEATER - Awake
METAL CHURCH - The Dark
SEPULTURA - Arise
TESTAMENT - The New Order
NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Handle With Care
SKYCLAD - Wayward Sons Of Mother Earth
TOURNIQUET - Stop The Bleeding
GALACTIC COWBOYS - Space In Your Face
FORBIDDEN - Twisted Into Form
MELIAH RAGE - Kill To Survive
EXODUS - Bonded By Blood
MEGADETH - Peace Sells... But Who´s Buying ?
CANDLEMASS - Nightfall / Ancient Dreams
ATHEIST - Unquestionable Presence
BENEDICTION - The Grand Leveller
CATHEDRAL - Soul Sacrifice Ep
DEATH - Leprosy
IRON MAIDEN - Powerslave
DESULTORY - Bitterness
ENTOMBED - Left Hand Path
FATES WARNING - Awaken The Guardian
GOD DETHRONED - Bloody Blasphemy
THE GATHERING - Always
GRIFFIN - Flight Of The Griffin
GHOUL - We Came For The Dead
CARCASS - Heartwork
HAMMERFALL - Glory To The Brave
SANCTUARY - Refuge Denied
MORTIFICATION - Post Momentary Affliction
VENOM - Black Metal
DEATH ANGEL - The Ultra-Violence
OMEN - Warning Of Danger
VENGEANCE RISING - Human Sacrifice
PARADISE LOST - Icon
MANOWAR - Hail To England
MOONSPELL - Wolfheart
TIAMAT - Clouds
SAMAEL - Worship Him
UNLEASHED - Across The Open Sea
QUEENSRYCHE - Rage For Order
MALEVOLENT CREATION - The Ten Commandments
MORTAL SIN - Face Of Despair
MY DYING BRIDE - Turn Loose The Swans
WATCHTOWER - Energetic Disassembly
CIRITH UNGOL - One Foot In Hell
TORCH - Torch
PRETTY MAIDS - Red Hot And Heavy
BOLT THROWER - Warmaster
SOLITUDE AETURNUS - Into The Depths Of Sorrow

Those are some of my favourite albums and there are many more that I could listen to a billion more times without getting tired of them. Maybe someday I will be able to write down all the albums I think are most important to my life and development in Metal.

Troyanasy said:
Mine would be:

Riot - Fire Down Under
Now Cranckin' -Nazareth -Except No Mercy
Fucking awsome albums (and is "Expect No Mercy" :p , cover by Frank Frazzeta :D ).

Three that come to mind KISS' Rock n Roll Over, AC/DC Back In Black,
Metallica's Master of Puppets...
Wait there's also...
Dream Theater-Images & Words
Queensryche-Operation:Mindcrime, and I think I would also throw in Empire, sonically that was one hell of a record, the title track owns!
I would also have to add Motley Crue's record with John Corabi, mind blowing!
Scorpions' Love Drive...
Van Halen-OU812
Yngwie Malmsteen-Alchemy
Yngwie Malmsteen-Odessey
Michael Schenker-Live The Unforgiven Tour
Iced Earth-The Glorious Burden(Simply get better every time I listen to it!)
King Diamond-The Puppet Master
King Diamond-House of God
ZZ Top-SIX(X) PACK
Def Leppard-Vault (their best of disc)
Titanium Black-Bleed for You
Motorhead-Ace of Spades
Motorhead-Iron Fist
Motorhead-Another Perfect Day
*Aren't all these fucking Motorhead records the same fucking record?!
Judas Priest-Painkiller
Judas Priest-Britsh Steel
Judas Priest-Ram It Down
Racer X-Technical Difficulties
Racer X-Second Heat
Black N Blue-Best of...
Stevie Ray Vaughan-Texas Flood
SRV-In Step
SRV-Couldn't Stand the Weather
Kenny Wayne Shepard-Ledbetter Heights
Joe Satriani-Anthology(all his better shit on two discs)
Arch Enemy-Wages of Sin
Kinda new but...
Edguy-Hellfire Club
Leash Law-Dogface
WASP-The Neon God(Jonny D, I got it on your recommendation, it's actually pretty damn good)

sixxswine said:
Three that come to mind KISS' Rock n Roll Over, AC/DC Back In Black,
Metallica's Master of Puppets...
Wait there's also...
Dream Theater-Images & Words
I definitely agree on BiB and I&W. Dream Theater could have taken over the world if they would have kept putting out releases like that one. They have some cool other stuff, don't get me wrong, but it definitely pales in comparison to I&W. That release is a monster.
Back in Black is killer too. There isn't a weak song on the whole disc.

Bryant

Wyvern said:
Fucking awsome albums (and is "Expect No Mercy" :p , cover by Frank Frazzeta :D ).
Oww Yeah
That art work (No Mean City!!) Was amazing...is amazing
I spent $97 on Frazzeta's Art book...best money spent
H.R Giger is a genius aswell
My heX wife bought 13 prints of H.R for my birthday one yearMy "living Room"
Was a Grey place hehehehe

Old School board RULES!!

Pink Floyd - Piper at the Gates of Dawn
Mr. Bungle - California
Slayer - South of Heaven
Frank Zappa - Apostrophe
Electric Wizard - Dopethrone