Anyone heard the new Metallica album?

Thanks for the views everyone. I personally can't bare the production. The drums really sound terrible to the point that it almost ruins the songs. I also think that Lars is over doing it with the double bass. He seems to use it at odd places where i personally dont think it fits in with the rest of the music. Anyway there we go.

OK I've listened to the album 3 times now and I think that's pretty much the amount of times I will ever play the album.

If any other band had done this album it would be ok. But coming from Metallica it sucks. They have so obviously done it for the Nu metal market, and that is complete b******s. The songs are needlessly long, all you ever hear are the singing and drums, and that drum sound is nothing short of very annoying. Even the track St. Anger is a bit Linkin Park with the harmony vocals in the back ground and shouting in the foreground.

Sorry but I am not into Linkin Metallicaknot.

Well after playing this album to death for a good week, the following things have dawned on me.

1. No, they are not doing a nu-metal getting rid of the guitar solos. Look at some of there influences (Misfits, Discharge etc) and you realise were there coming from. If anything there are doing what Metallica have always done, what they want on there terms.

2. Doesn't it just get better the more you play it.

3. The production is just like some of the old punk bands production I mentioned earlier (i.e shite!)

4. It is still to long an album. 45 mins of the best stuff on this album would have been brilliant

5. With a few less tracks a few guitar solos and better production this album could have been a monster

6. Dirty Windows is fuckin awesome.

5. I do actually like it a lot now. Different, but still kicking ass if just from a different angle.

Paxoman said:
And how do you explain the Slipknot drums?! Hardly punk rock!

drums.jpg
:lol:

i bought the new album with low expectations.To tell you the truth i really enjoy it,i am pleased with rob the new bassist.the only thing i dont like about is that kirk hammet is one of the best guitarists there is and he doesnt get a chance at any solos.