What is the WORST album you've ever heard and what album was biggest let-down?

ATHALLUS

Sep 19, 2002
Gautier, Mississippi (U.S.A.)
Visit site
What is the worst metal album you've ever heard, and what album did you wait for with baited breath, rush out buy it he day it came out, only to fnd it was a big disappointment? I was very disappointed with The Horror show by Iced Earth. It just lacked something that was in their other albums. I mean it is okay, but definetly not their best in my opinion. Worst album I've ever heard- "Load" by Metallica. A true piece of shit. Blechhhhhh!!!!! :(~
I didn't really listen to all of it as it made me nauseous. Not the Metal masters they once were........

I must say that I was also rather disappointed with Horror Show. Also Helloween's The Time of the Oath and Better Than Raw and Queensryche's stuff after Promised Land were all huge disappointments.

The worst metal album...well, Strombringer Ruler by Domine is quite crappy. It's probably not the worst, but quite horrible still.

Originally posted by Symphony
I guess when I bought it I hated Helloween's "Chameleon" album, apart from that song "The Chance" which rules. The album has grown on me slightly but it's still pretty B-Grade really!

"windmill" is on chamelon right? ..windmill is a nice song!
i love that song! :D

'The Chance' off bubbles is a very good song and there's 1 or 2 decent ones on Chameleon, I actually quite like 'Longing' as a ballad and also 'I believe'. I actually thought Better Than Raw was a very good album too (Not up to Keepers/Jericho standard though).

I think my biggest disappointment of all time has got to be Queensryche's Here In The Now Frontier, a Running Wild album that I can't name, and the Judas Priest Live In London DVD is awful - I couldn't bare to watch it!

Have to say that I too could not bear to watch Judas Priest Live In London...and I did try!!I just can't warm to Ripper at all!! My only consolation was that it didn't show him doing Beyond The Realms...(which is my fave Priest song). I understand they did do this on the Demolition tour at Manchester. I do rate Jugulator as an album..but I think Halford would have sung it loads better...sorry I'm just a Halford fan. :) Demolition was a disappointment.

Also I really cannot get away with death metal vocals...not for want of trying again. Musically I love Children of Bodom but I can't stand the guy's voice.

Disappointment....I remember buying my first Burzum album, Hlidskjalf, back in December 2000. I was expecting kick-ass black metal, and then was thinking "hmmm, this synth intro's a little long..." and then was freaked when I realised the entire album was synthed! Of course, stupid little non-Aryan me had forgotten about Varg's change of direction so I was thinking I'd wasted £14! Wasn't til a few months later when I was listening to it while playing Final Fantasy 7 (on the bridge to Corel, I'll always remember...) that I began to appreciate the beauty of the album.

I also bought Halford's Crucible the day it was released and bar the title track and Betrayal it's not too interesting, I must be honest. Still love Rob though...

i was actually quite disseapointed over avantasia part2. i mean, it is a ok album, but i was expecting something else. more in the veins of part1..but songs like "the seven angels" and "the looking glass" are great..but again, not quite what i was expecting.

Originally posted by Symphony
"Should it have been a 2 part release?"

The Avantasia was a 2 part release because it was the most expensive release ever through AFM Records. They originally planned to release it as a double-cd, but that was too expensive for AFM, so they released it separately. And both parts were recorded at the same time.

In my opinion both parts are extremely great!

Worst album I ever heard (not willingly and happily so) was a band called MORTICIAN - Ayeka, knowing BURZUM you *may* have heard of them, but otherwise I don't think many people here are into extreme-black-metal, no?

Biggest disappointment... maybe RUSH - Vapor Trails ... would have expected a bit more of it to be honest. I miss the keys.

Originally posted by Madrigal
Worst album I ever heard (not willingly and happily so) was a band called MORTICIAN - Ayeka, knowing BURZUM you *may* have heard of them, but otherwise I don't think many people here are into extreme-black-metal, no?

Biggest disappointment... maybe RUSH - Vapor Trails ... would have expected a bit more of it to be honest. I miss the keys.

I do get into some Black Metal bands. My favorites are:

Bathory

Naglfar

Opeth

Crimson Moonlight

Those bands kick ass bg time, but they are about the only ones I like or listen to.