What is the WORST album you've ever heard and what album was biggest let-down?

I have to say I love Opeth and normally I'm not into the death vocal style. I think they are very hard to pigeonhole and maybe we shouldn't even try???? To my mind they are a unique combination of extreme metal and 70's progressive rock....and as a big prog fan as well as a metal fan myself I think this can only be for the good.

Anyway.....they are Camel fans...what more can I say???? :lol:

No, Opeth are nothing like black metal really.

But I'm guessing Power quest are power/progressive so I suppose not many of you like black/death metal?

Originally posted by Madrigal
Worst album I ever heard (not willingly and happily so) was a band called MORTICIAN - Ayeka, knowing BURZUM you *may* have heard of them, but otherwise I don't think many people here are into extreme-black-metal, no?

Mortician rings a faint bell, but you hear so many of these extreme bands get name-dropped without actually ever getting round to hearing their music :erk: black metal represents quite a small proportion of my music collection. Bands I do have albums by are:

Ackercoke
Bathory
Cradle Of Filth
Dark Funeral
Emperor
Gehennah
Nifelheim

After that it becomes a great glut of mp3s (in which Burzum have been healthily represnted in the past!). And for the record, I found Opeth's Blackwater Park terribely boring, very disappointing considering the masturbation over it on the Iron Maiden BB....

Shit, hat's one album I forgot for the "biggest let-down" thread! Blackwater Park!

Originally posted by Interesti
No, Opeth are nothing like black metal really.

But I'm guessing Power quest are power/progressive so I suppose not many of you like black/death metal?

not true :D
i can listen to bands like immortal, borknagar and satyricon...but i do prefer melodic power metal! :headbang:

NP: power quest - glory tonight :)

Originally posted by Kalmakoff
I must say that I was also rather disappointed with Horror Show.

I know what you mean about Horror Show but Jon was limited with it being a concept album. Jon was also going through a divorce. I bet their next album will totally kick some ass! I like Horror Show but it doesn't have the feel they usually have. I think thats bc of the concept. :cool:

I hated Megadeth's Cryptic Writtings. The only song I liked was She-wolf. They went down hill from there... I gave the album away. And if you knew me, you'll know thats bad.

Actually, I was disappointed with Demons & Wizards. I like it but I expected it to be much better. I really hope the next D&W's album has more interesting lyrics. I feel the lyrics was a big let down. The sound was ok but I know they can do a Hell of alot better then that. Jon & Hansi together that should be the greatest album that ever existed.

Aw, come on guys, Renegade isn't THAT bad. I thought it wasn't as good as "Legacy Of Kings" or "Glory To The Brave" but I like it enough to listen to it once in a while. Believe me I've heard worse. Much worse. Just read my original post and you'll agree I think.

Yep...I agree..I like all the Hammerfall albums too. I have just bought the Hearts on Fire CD single and it rocks!! Looking forward to the release of Crimson Thunder even more now.

yeah, i heard "trailblazers" on total rock, and it was very viking as charlie said :D
i don't think it was very "hammerfall" though..

NP: hammerfall - warriors of faith :headbang: (this is hammerfall!)