Anyone here get into a former PP band after their appearance and think.....

AMBR said:
Mercenary!
They were the one band I had only heard a song or two before PPIV and as soon as I heard the death vocals I thought, "Nope, not gonna like them!" So when their set came on I figured it was time for a break. I was hanging out talking and having a drink, basically ignoring them, but about half way through the second song my attention was yanked towards the stage and never left it from then on. They just have so many elements to their music besides those growls and screams they are truly many steps above the typical death metal band.

Following their set I instantly went down to the vendors and picked up Everblack. Later I met the band and had them sign it. I was sure to heap up the praise and they were so thrilled to hear it. They are without a doubt, the absolutley NICEST band members I have ever met! In the words of Evergrey's Henrik Danhage who toured with them,
"Mercenary, those guys are so damn polite! Good guys, Not swines like Evergrey!" :lol:

DAMN STRAIGHT!!

MERCENARY just BLEW ME THE HELL AWAY!! I said the same thing with the Death Metal vocals... even though I love technical death metal and do not mind harsh vocals anymore, I just didnt see how good this band was through the mp3 they had on the site. IT seemed pretty straight forward to me and nothing special. At the show, however, I was like God Damn! They OWNED !!!
I too got to meet them and have my picture with them. They are def really cool guys. Ever(black) since, I've had the HUGE poster of theirs up in my room!! I sure hope Glenn puts these guys as the return for 11 DREAMS wont stop kicking my ass man! :headbang: :headbang:

Also someone mentioned ARK before too... and shit... I felt the same WAY!!

JORN LANDE IS LIKE my Top 3 fav singers of all time! And my friends knew about them and so did I before the show and I guess i just failed to get into them as much as I am into them now and even though I saw their entire set, the feeling of THAT WAS INCREDIBLE is still there... but its not as strong as if I was to see them and actually worship them! But Im lucky enough to say I saw them before they broke up! ARK RULES!!

TAD MOROSE also surprised me, THE POWER THEY HAD ON STAGE!!!! FUCKING RULED!!! same with RAGE!!! IT WAS SICK!

Well... to some extent, several bands fall into this category, but more in the "I got *more* into them" sense. The big one is Evergrey. I'd only heard a couple of tracks Greg sent me before PP 2, and they were 'alright.' I missed a good bit of their performance talking to Ark, too, so that didn't lure me in, either. It was only afterwards that I started really digging ISoT and it was all downhill from there. Love 'em now. I really did have that kick myself feeling. I couldn't keep my balance well enough to carry through, though.

Shaye

P.S. B & MR: What song???