Anyone interested in doing another COBOT "album"?

COBOT V ALBUM

fb21Wr4.png
fb21Wr4.png
fb21Wr4.png
fb21Wr4.png
fb21Wr4.png

-----------------------
Featuring:

*RIFFS*
*SOLOS*
*ATMOSPHERE*
------------------------------------------------------------------------
(?)= Will hopefully do a song
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contributors so far:

+ Jontzgu

+ Joke4joker (?)

+ ESA1996

+ Rune

+ MattK

+ Arystar (?)

+ ==>Mask Of Sanity<== (?) *Do you want me to put this on the album? I wasn't really sure by your post*

+ <-Warheart-> (?)

+ The Butt (?)

+ Deadman5hadow (?)

+ kirk89

+ mrKRB64

+ NewHewkas (?)

+ children of COB (?)

+ yahamart (?)

Did I miss anyone?

*That top image is just a place holder*

yes i want to contribute i have one song finish and i started a new riff if someone want colab with me

That's cool man i'll edit out the "?" in the first post next 2 your name. I really need to work on my song just been busy and it's summer here in Australia so computer is a bitch in the heat.
Heh. We just got our first snows this morning in southern Finland :D

Heh. We just got our first snows this morning in southern Finland :D

Snow sounds good. I'm from Melbourne so the weather here has tourettes- it can't make its mind up if it should be cold or hot so just changes every 15 mins or so to fuck with everyones day :p

Anyways I need to update the first post- what do people need help with on their song? Me personally- I need someone to be able to convert a MIDI drum track to make it sound better using EZ Drums or a similar program (My PC fucked up a year or so ago and I lost most of my recording tools).

I have everything basically laid out and ready to go for my song but it's going to be about 2 weeks before I have the time to sit down and record.

End of the semester with finals coming up and whatnot.

Also, where the hell are the actual Cobot people? I'm not sure who most of these new guys are. Not that I mind that at all, but I'm wondering where Jose, Lowberg, Ensi, and Omar are. Anyone heard from these peoples?

I have everything basically laid out and ready to go for my song but it's going to be about 2 weeks before I have the time to sit down and record.

End of the semester with finals coming up and whatnot.

Also, where the hell are the actual Cobot people? I'm not sure who most of these new guys are. Not that I mind that at all, but I'm wondering where Jose, Lowberg, Ensi, and Omar are. Anyone heard from these peoples?
Jose has been here occasionally during the last few months. I remember Ensi posting in 2011 during the RRF hype when I was new here. Lowberg I know to be from the Off-topic forums but I can't remember when I would last have seen a post from him. Never heard of Omar.

Omar is the fucking kid. At least he was one when he joined this forum with 13 or sth :lol:

I personally miss Ben Johnson. He made the best backing tracks I've ever heard.
Speaking of BT's... whenever I find the time to re-install W10 on my notebook, I can do the drum tracks for everybody who needs some help.

Snow sounds good. I'm from Melbourne so the weather here has tourettes- it can't make its mind up if it should be cold or hot so just changes every 15 mins or so to fuck with everyones day :p

Anyways I need to update the first post- what do people need help with on their song? Me personally- I need someone to be able to convert a MIDI drum track to make it sound better using EZ Drums or a similar program (My PC fucked up a year or so ago and I lost most of my recording tools).

Yeah I'd need help with drums too, I've just got a new computer and I'm not even sure I'll be able to record with it so might need to mess about with sound cards etc but I have nothing on here except Cool Edit Pro 2.1

I've been a member of this forum since the good old days but have had to create 2 new accounts because I lost the forum and email passwords (I used to have individual passwords for anything that required them for security but ended up forgetting them haha). I hardly posted so it's not a big loss :p I really haven't seen anything from them on these forums in ages- It used to be so much more busy but it's fairly dead now :(

I personally miss Ben Johnson. He made the best backing tracks I've ever heard.Speaking of BT's... whenever I find the time to re-install W10 on my notebook, I can do the drum tracks for everybody who needs some help.

Yeah they were great- I had them all but lost them after my laptop died :(

That would be awesome if you could help me out with the drum track- Warheart needs help too.

Yeah I'd need help with drums too, I've just got a new computer and I'm not even sure I'll be able to record with it so might need to mess about with sound cards etc but I have nothing on here except Cool Edit Pro 2.1

I edited the first post to include what you need help with. It's so cool your contributing :)

Does anyone else need help with stuff?

I could use a hand with drums if anyone is up for it. I have superior drummer and all of that cool shit but I'm still not the best with it.

I got a new 7 string Jackson from a black friday sale and decided to do some recording with it. Have a listen and tell me what you think, since half of you appear to be musicians.

Indie af, I know. Don't hate.

I got a new 7 string Jackson from a black friday sale and decided to do some recording with it. Have a listen and tell me what you think, since half of you appear to be musicians.

Sounds pretty damn good son. A little bit of acoustic piano during the first half would make it sound even better. I really like the tapping part.

I've been listening/ learning a lot of Protest The Hero the past couple years more so than Bodom, so although my song sounds Singery inspired it has a few parts that are multi fingered tapping- which sounds cool in Guitar Pro but is a pain in the ass to play clean and up to speed on guitar :p

Sounds really good. Atmospheric. :D

Also, it really does seem like half the forum is musicians. Or at least almost everyone here owns a guitar.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. I think I'm getting a little better at recording, now I just need to work on my mixing/mastering a bit I think. I know next to nothing about that though so far.

Sounds pretty damn good son. A little bit of acoustic piano during the first half would make it sound even better. I really like the tapping part.

I've been listening/ learning a lot of Protest The Hero the past couple years more so than Bodom, so although my song sounds Singery inspired it has a few parts that are multi fingered tapping- which sounds cool in Guitar Pro but is a pain in the ass to play clean and up to speed on guitar :p

Thanks man. I like a lot of post-rock stuff and just atmospheric music in general (Oh God, I've become Joonas). I got the tapping motif's from Little Tybee, Scale the Summit, and all of that type of stuff. I find it's actually better to learn to play the stuff clean and then when you translate it over to distortion it's just a matter of getting your muting right and being sure not to accentuate/under-accentuate your taps too much. Try to keep it all as even as possible.

The multi-finger tapping shred thing just takes a lot of practice. Ryan Knight from TBDM, TJ Helmerich, and Greg Howe are a great couple of people to try to find music/tabs from and go from there starting slowly. When I first started I would do the tapped slide thing, and sometimes I still do, but for the most part I use my middle and ring finger for my taps.

Here's a pattern that I made that helped me with it if you want to give it a try.

b3a9fe9afedec9dc748c26f8fd2e7c6d.png

The 17th fret you would be tapping with your middle finger and then hammering on and pulling off with your ring finger on the 19th fret.

Here's an example of that in action on this song around 2:20-ish. It's basically the same pattern just descending and then climbing back up.

Sounds really good. Atmospheric. :D

Also, it really does seem like half the forum is musicians. Or at least almost everyone here owns a guitar.

That's honestly most of the reason I come back to the this place. I may not have much interest in Bodom anymore, but I still enjoy Arcane's videos, and even re-watching Mitch's old ones. Ensi, Lowberg, Jose, Ed, Zakk, Twisha, and a ton of other posters here are very talented musicians and it's cool to see where they've ended up.

Thanks buddy<3

ayy nice to see i still get namedropped here.

im still alive (just about), tentatively up for doing something depending on time. coming to the end of the semester and balls deep in work, as i type this i'm stressing about the essay i have due in 8 hours. when do you guys want to have this done by?

also brent your clean song thing was cool
also <arcane> im turning 20 next month

I'm not sure if there's an official deadline yet. We said end of the year, but it seems that a few guys need a bit more time to write something down.
And 20? I remeber one of the first pics of you... A little kid playing that huge explorer :D