Anyone interested in doing another COBOT "album"?

I think I'm going to pull the plug on my efforts, I haven't touched it since I last posted due to being busy at work and outside of work leading up to Xmas. I now need to finish what I started before then as I was getting too tired to focus and I've started learning a few Psycroptic songs so probably won't bother with this for a while but will send a really old song like I mentioned before so I can still be featured if this ever gets done.

I haven't touched mine either because of work and I'm organising the thing haha. Either way take your time either recording something new or you can send something old over.

Won't be done to the end of the year:( only after new years eve..:S

As I said above- new years was a general deadline and a lot of people aren't anywhere near there like myself. It shouldn't matter if it takes a while as it's better to have decent songs than rushed crap.

Ok, got some artwork done, still feeling the cold burns. It's a cliff down to a lake at sunset, you just can't see the lake here... Would one of these do? My camera is faulty but I did my best. It's the Reaper looking down at a suicide spot. The last one is creepy as fuck, while the gold one looks like the candle is capturing the sun.

Those are actually pretty cool photos- good job! The descend the abyss one is my favourite. See what you can do when you don't talk about COB's lack of atmosphere on their new albums? You can do photography that has it. I really couldn't care less if the album was called "Songs from the Sphincter"- you seem to have a few ideas for album titles so brainstorm a bit more- probably best to see what people call their songs to get an idea for a album title? I dunno- your call.

I'll get something sent over during the week, just hope I can still find them as I've lost loads of stuff over the years due to computer failures, ha... :/

I'm aware Joonas. I've kind of lost interest just because next to none of the old Off-Topic posters who used to do these albums are coming back to work on this it seems like. It's just not the same to me without all of the other guys.

No offense to anyone, just kind of miss the old group.

You're a bunch of quitters to be guitar heroes. Prove me wrong. I formulated two songs to prove COB their ultimate Bodom child has a reminder for them they could do some more radical music. Just do some fucking songs. Best song maker can decide the album title?

Prove me melodic death metal ain't fucking dead yet. And use some incredible double bass tsunamis. I love them. And at least one orchestral hit per song. I would do a song myself but I don't have the technology to record anything.

I'm aware Joonas. I've kind of lost interest just because next to none of the old Off-Topic posters who used to do these albums are coming back to work on this it seems like. It's just not the same to me without all of the other guys.

No offense to anyone, just kind of miss the old group.

I know- i'd like the old guys to join again but what can ya do?

You're a bunch of quitters to be guitar heroes. Prove me wrong. I formulated two songs to prove COB their ultimate Bodom child has a reminder for them they could do some more radical music. Just do some fucking songs. Best song maker can decide the album title?

Prove me melodic death metal ain't fucking dead yet. And use some incredible double bass tsunamis. I love them. And at least one orchestral hit per song. I would do a song myself but I don't have the technology to record anything.

Making a song takes time and is hard especially if your only doing it in your spare time

My song is ready. I might record a solo into it at some point but the solo backing riff ain't bad so it's fine the way it is. Just waiting for others to get theirs done.

I've sent a song in, it's from a few years ago so I don't expect you'll enjoy it ;) But like others, I don't have to time (or energy) to sit and compose something I'd be happy enough with to send in for this purpose.

It's sad times, my friends. Life seems to be all about suffering these days. Where is the passion of the past...

Hey think I am a little late for this but if anyone needs a hand with some of the mixing/editing I'm keen to help out, won't be pro but it will be pretty good.

Never too late son any help is appreciated

I've sent a song in, it's from a few years ago so I don't expect you'll enjoy it ;) But like others, I don't have to time (or energy) to sit and compose something I'd be happy enough with to send in for this purpose.

Yep I've got that as I said it's kind of simple black metal instead of your usual shred stuff. I like it.

It's sad times, my friends. Life seems to be all about suffering these days. Where is the passion of the past...

Take a prozac.

I'm gonna try and really concentrate on my song within the next 2 weeks or so- I still need drum & key help though.

Hm, an interesting idea would be to pick one COB song, and make an album where everyone makes a version of it in a different metal style. Like say SNBN, someone would do a black metal cover, someone doom metal, someone even industrial metal, etc. I wonder which song would be best for such project... probably FTR.

Hm, an interesting idea would be to pick one COB song, and make an album where everyone makes a version of it in a different metal style. Like say SNBN, someone would do a black metal cover, someone doom metal, someone even industrial metal, etc. I wonder which song would be best for such project... probably FTR.
How would you go about playing, say, the intro of SNBN in Black Metal style in comparison to Doom Metal? It's still got the same notes and rhythm (Assuming you don't make a whole new arrangement).

Why bother though? If the song is already written well there's no real point.

I really like this. Really melodic and quite fast too.

Thanks man- It's a pain in the ass to play though that's why it's taking me ages to record :p The solo's are even harder. I really shouldn't write stuff in Guitar pro first haha

You're rite that's a bad idea. I think I meant a "COB style song" in different metal genres. Well. Kinda boring, as there's nothing interesting for me to anticipate in the music world. All these great 90's metal bands lost some of their epicness so it's not the same thing anymore... I'm still waiting for a band that makes black truly properly, not just nice bits here and there. And I'm waiting for another good doom band besides Swallow the Sun. I could listen to the trance-like blastbeats of black metal with magically dark atmosphere forever, just as I could to the incredibly slow, dynamic and powerful world of doom. Almost every band in these genres sounds shit and just wrong. And another good melodic death metal band with aliens in the music, besides Hypocrisy...

What you can do with slow tempo: 4:27 -

This sounds like sailing on a stormy and treacherous dark sea.

Last edited: