Anyone interested in free multitracks of my band's EP?

Dtabs85

Liquid Studios
Nov 1, 2013
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, my band "Tragedy in Numbers" finally released our EP. I did all of the recording/mixing/mastering and am happy overall with the sound. I was hoping you guys would check out the EP and if there is any particular song, or the whole EP, you want the raw stems for I will gladly post them if there is enough interest!

Here's the link to the EP:
http://tragedyinnumbers.bandcamp.com/releases

Thanks for checking us out!!!

UPDATED:
Never Enough Stems
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9w8u148xsv...gh Stems.zip

The Blood Runs Red Stems
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xe4euu822p...Runs Red.zip

Sorry about the lack of humanization on the midi drums, but I know I suck at programming drums and figured you guys would do better than I did at humanizing it. Hope you enjoy and I really look forward to what a fresh set of ears can do with these tracks!

Not sure if there is much of an interest, but I figured I would post stems for at least one song and then you guys can tell me if you want more. Here are the raw stems for the song "Never Enough".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9w8u148xsvcbng8/Never Enough Stems.zip

The folder contains:
Midi drums with embedded tempo
DI guitar left, right, and center
DI bass
10 vox tracks

Sorry about the lack of humanization on the midi drums, but I know I suck at programming drums and figured you guys would do better than I did at humanizing it. Hope you enjoy and I really look forward to what a fresh set of ears can do with these tracks!

Really dig the mixes guys!!!

@FailsafeRecords
Dig the tone of the guitars. Has a nice crunch to it. I felt they could have been slightly louder in the mix, but that's just a preference thing. Also, I really like how you mixed the vocals at the end of the song. Sounded really cool!

@habsburgs
All I can say is HOLY VOCALS! Haha you made the clean vox sound godly. What was your fx chain on the clean vocals if you don't mind me asking? Absolutely loved it. Solid mix too. Drums sound aggressive and guitars/bass have a nice balanced tone. Good job!

@MetalMiller
Solid all around mix! Really like the kick drum you used and the panning of the vocals at the end! Vocals have a nice edgy vibe throughout. Really cool

Really digging the mixes so far guys! It's interesting how everyone is approaching the vocals very differently. Good stuff!!!

Any interest in raw stems for any of the other songs? I was thinking of posting "The Blood Runs Red" next. Let me know if you guys would want to mix that or any of the other songs.

Definitely want more.

Here's my mix/master of Never Enough.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60685025/Tradegy In Numbers - Never Enough.mp3

Ask if you want to know what I used or did with anything. Crits as well, please.

Mix sounds balanced to me. I dig the overall sound. Really liked that the bass had a nice presence throughout. My only critiques would be stylistic things so I have nothing bad to say about the mix. Personally I felt the guitars could come up slightly in volume to make them a bit more up front. Also, I thought the repeating vox at the end "never enough" and "you have it all" work better as something more ambient and in the distance and you had it up front. Actually thought is sounded pretty interesting with those lyrics up front in the mix, but I still would probably mix them as more of an ambient vocal. Solid overall mix though! Like I said, if I had to critique anything it would only be stylistic changes so great job man! Thanks for taking the time to mix it.

Mix sounds balanced to me. I dig the overall sound. Really liked that the bass had a nice presence throughout. My only critiques would be stylistic things so I have nothing bad to say about the mix. Personally I felt the guitars could come up slightly in volume to make them a bit more up front. Also, I thought the repeating vox at the end "never enough" and "you have it all" work better as something more ambient and in the distance and you had it up front. Actually thought is sounded pretty interesting with those lyrics up front in the mix, but I still would probably mix them as more of an ambient vocal. Solid overall mix though! Like I said, if I had to critique anything it would only be stylistic changes so great job man! Thanks for taking the time to mix it.

Thanks man, glad you liked it! I enjoyed the song for sure and it was fun to mix! I like the bass tone, too. I usually start with drums and bass and the DI was very well tracked so it was easy to get a great tone.

Here's my try. My kit in Addictive Drums isn't perfect, especially toms.

Last edited by a moderator:
@MartijnPaauwe
Really enjoyed this one. Solid mix throughout. Thought the vox during the chorus was a bit too loud, but other than that i really liked it. Good job!!!

@Redock
The biggest thing that stood out to me were the cymbals on the drums. Something sounds off or mistriggered. Musically and vocally i liked the mix, but the cymbals were distracting to me. Thanks for the mix man!!!

@Deadstar
Liked the sound of the drums man. They sound huge! Also, really dug what you did with the background screams during the second verse. Good stuff!!!

I appreciate you guys taking the time to mix one of my songs and share it with all of us. I will be posting the raw stems for "The Blood Runs Red" later today. Hope you guys dig that song...