Anyone know Demilich?

aPinecone

New Metal Member
Jul 29, 2006
Hi!

There's a crazy Finnish band called Demilich that SA fans might like. Luck you, they even had a dispute with their record label that made them release their songs for /free/ on their site.

http://www.anentity.com/demilich/download.php

I really like the drumming on their CD, "Nespithe." I think it's done just right; no "over-playing."

Enjoy!

I'm more interested in "good music", I don't care if it's Finnish or not. Do you know any "cult" bands that do something unique like Demilich? I'd like to expand my arsenal =)

Yeah, I've listened to Demilich before. It took me awhile to get used to the vocals, as I had never heard death metal vocals that low before at the time, but from little I've heard, I think they're a good band. I've been meaning to order their CD for...a long time now, actually. It's surprising that they still do shows and haven't really gotten anything more out than Nespithe, seeings how it came out in '93 or something.

There is really a lot of oddball (death) metal from the 90s, some of which you could hardly missed even if you had been in hibernation during that decade. I mean, some of this was even on bigger labels, like Morgoth's farewell album that coquetted with industrial on Century Media, Depressive Age on Gun Records...