anyone know how to do reversed reverse?!

ExecutiveRob

Silent City Studio
Jul 22, 2007
www.silent-city.co.uk
yeah... like it says really...

Trying to get a subtle swell effect on an intro to a piece I'm working on. It's two acoustic guitars panned a bit left and right, and a clean electric guitar down the middle, all playing the same thing.

If you reverse the clean track, that's exactly what I want........ but the other way around! I want all the notes played backwards but with the end of the file at the start - if you see what I mean?

Tried doing a true reverse reverb effect to get a similar result but it doesn't have the sharpness of the dry reversed sound.

Any ideas?!?!!

Play it backwards, and then reverse it. :p

Easiest way to do it. :)

If you want to make things harder, and may not work (without hearing the original track)... try splicing each individual note or chords...or whatever...and reverse those and slide those over into place, instead of reversing the whole track.

yes, only way to do this in a realistic way is to learn to play your piece backwards. turning around each not would still sound strange

Ha! Well funny! Don't think the guitarist would be up for learning it backwards and retracking it though!

If you want to make things harder, and may not work (without hearing the original track)... try splicing each individual note or chords...or whatever...and reverse those and slide those over into place, instead of reversing the whole track.

Yeah, already thought of doing that! It's only about 10 seconds long so wouldn't take too long to do.

It'd be a cool function just in general for creating new effects, but to be fair probably wouldn't get too much use!

Cheers guys!

copy the region to anew track, then slice on each chord or phrase, then reverse each one

I vaguely recall watching the DVD that came with Linkin Park's Meteora album and they were talking about the reversed guitar in the beginning of the track "Somewhere I Belong", they liked the reversed sound but wanted the same chord progression, so split it into 4 segments and reversed each one individually, dunno if this will achieve exactly what you're after though.