Anyone know of any amazing Logic Tutorials?

WesNyle269

Oct 10, 2008
Niles, Michigan
www.facebook.com
Hey everyone, I was just wondering ive been reading these posts for awhile and besides getting headaches and blurry vision, I have a hard time learning with out visuals. Anyone know of any FULL SCALE tutorials like recording from scratch, to mic placement, best ways and tip to do things, using logic and what not. I am recording Metal and need the best visual tips possible. Ive been watching Waterboy, which HAS helped ALOT but I needed some more. Anyone know of any? Thanks!!!

~Wes Nyle~

The fact that you're using Logic shouldn't matter TOO much apart from the plug-ins you end up using.

If you want visuals on mic-placement, there are a few pictures on here. Look up tutorials on google, and look up pictures on how people mic up their kits and amps. If you're looking for plug-in help, a few people like Kaomao and BlackNeonBob have posted their settings for the plugins they've used.

Just on mic-placement, if its drums, I think theres a guy here who wrote the Faderwear guides for recording metal, check them out. Although they aren't photos but diagrams so it can be harder to judge distances, etc.

Post clips of what you're getting from your equipment along with pics and the people here should be able to help you out. Ultimately it comes down to experimentation, but visuals are good for a starting place.