Anyone know what amp might have been used here?

SimonSez

May 19, 2009
Chicago
I love the tone on this particular album of this band. The band is KAT and is/was Poland's most popular metal band. The song that exposes the guitar sound the most is the track "Odi Profanum Vulgus" (which is latin for something). The song was recorded in 1996 and the band isn't together anymore (the vocalist tours with the drummer and bass player still but otherwise the guitarist who started the band is gone) and their website is down.

Here is a youtube link,
Clicking on HQ squashes the stereo field for some odd reason.

I remember seeing pictures with the guitarist standing in front of a Mesa Dual Rectifier, but more recent pictures show him in front of a JCM800, but to me that doesn't sound like a JCM800.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds very solid state to me, kinda like Randall's 90's amps.

What the fuck is up with the video, is that an official video or just some bullshit some student made at school?

I thought the video was so much better than the song actually, it looks awesome. :D

More popular than Behemoth? :err:

makes sense to me, considering behemoth are death metal and this is much much lighter.
but maybe the polish are more brutal than i give them credit for

Hey, Nergal's dating some hot Polish pop star, so I can only assume they're more open to DM over there! (I find it hard to imagine Britney or Christina dating Glen Benton :lol: )

Hey, Nergal's dating some hot Polish pop star, so I can only assume they're more open to DM over there! (I find it hard to imagine Britney or Christina dating Glen Benton :lol: )

thats because glen benton sucks and nergal doesnt

More popular than Behemoth? :err:

Behemoth is popular, but in Poland the band KAT was similar to Metallica back in the day. They played some shows with Metallica in the 80's. They couldn't play KAT on the radio though because supposedly they had satanic roots and the lyrics are anti-religion. I don't live in Poland so I don't know the whole story, just what I've read online and heard from people.