Anyone kow if Mayhem are releasing anything soon?

Pierogi

Stoopid Bastardo
Nov 5, 2001
London
The above

and

does everyone really think 'Grand Declaration of War' is so much worse than the other albums, because i quite like it

Originally posted by Pierogi
The above

and

does everyone really think 'Grand Declaration of War' is so much worse than the other albums, because i quite like it

MayheM are currently working on the new album.

"Grand Declaration of War" is not a bad album. It just doesn't even come close to the brilliance of "De Mysteriis dom Sathanas" though. That is one hell of a classic album.

if mayhem releases anything soon i hope they at least learned how to write interesting songs, never mind learn some new techniques besides tremolo picking.

I spoke to Hellhammer last Thursday (in the flesh, I might add!) and he told me that the band are going into the studio at the beginning of next year.. so a new album sould be out some time towads the end of 2003.

Mayhem played live in Melbourne and they were phenomenal.

Originally posted by requiem
I spoke to Hellhammer last Thursday (in the flesh, I might add!)
You were naked??

:p

They were great when they played in New Zealand, too.

Oh wait, that's right, they didn't.

:bah:

(for those who don't know, NZ is only a 3 hour flight from Australia, which is why I'm annoyed they came to the other side of the world, but not here :bah: )

yeah ive spoken to all the band whilst they were in melbourne, theyve written about 6 or 7 tracks and maniac was in the process of writing the lyrics, so fingers crossed for a release next year, apparently its gonna be a real hard heavy brutal extreme album!!!!

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom

(for those who don't know, NZ is only a 3 hour flight from Australia, which is why I'm annoyed they came to the other side of the world, but not here :bah: )

Ahem.. I guess they only decided to visit places where real metal fans could be found... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Nightspirit
yeah ive spoken to all the band whilst they were in melbourne, theyve written about 6 or 7 tracks and maniac was in the process of writing the lyrics, so fingers crossed for a release next year, apparently its gonna be a real hard heavy brutal extreme album!!!!

Is it me or does every band say the next album is going to be really brutal and heavy? People said "GDoW" was really heavy, but wasn't.

"De Mysteriis dom Sathanas" is maybe not as technical as "Wolfs Lair Abyss", but it will always be the Black Metal album. "Wolfs Lair Abyss" is still excelent, though.

On another note, what was the MayheM set list? Where there any support bands?

ARG!!!!! They need to come to England!!!!

Originally posted by Your Dead Groom
That's true, I think I'm the only one here.........

Haha!! That is most probably true!