Anyone see a problem with this Arch Enemy/Evergrey itinerary?

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
From Blabbermouth:
"ARCH ENEMY "Anthems of Rebellion USA 2003" tour dates w/ HATE ETERNAL, EVERGREY, and BLACK DAHLIA MURDER:

Aug. 25 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
Aug. 27 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero Theatre
Aug. 28 - Brooklyn, NY @ L'Amour
Aug. 29 - Worcester, MA @ Palladium
Aug. 30 - Montreal @ FouFounes
Sep. 01 - Toronto @ The Upper Rocket
Sep. 02 - Cleveland, Ohio @ Agora Ballroom
Sep. 03 - Chicago ,IL The Bottom Line
Sep. 05 - Denver, CO @ Gothic Theatre
Sep. 06 - TBA
Sep. 07 - TBA
Sep. 08 - Los Angeles, CA @ Troubadour"

Who's paying for all these plane tickets? Yikes.

I see what you're getting at. On the one hand, Evergrey has been trying so hard to get over here and tour, it would be kind of silly of them not to take advantage of the fact that they're going to be here. On the other hand, I guess this means that they won't be able to attend the pre-party or hang out the first night of the festival.

GZ

Arch Enemy is more popular in the US is all, makes sense they headline. At least the venues will be full when Evergrey plays unlike the 1st slot.

Evergrey may already have told them about the PPIV and they could be replacing them on the bill or playing longer sets with the 3 other bands... it's possible.. glass not always 1/2 empty :) heheh

Creeps said:
Arch Enemy is more popular in the US is all, makes sense they headline. At least the venues will be full when Evergrey plays unlike the 1st slot.
I don't think anyone was surprised that they're opening for Arch Enemy. I think they were surprised that they're going on after Hatebreed.
Creeps said:
Evergrey may already have told them about the PPIV and they could be replacing them on the bill or playing longer sets with the 3 other bands... it's possible.. glass not always 1/2 empty :) heheh
Unnecessary. The dates don't conflict with Evergrey's ProgPower performance.

GZ

General Zod said:
I don't think anyone was surprised that they're opening for Arch Enemy. I think they were surprised that they're going on after Hatebreed.
Unnecessary. The dates don't conflict with Evergrey's ProgPower performance.

GZ

Hatebreed? there is no hate breed. Hate eternal is a death metal act and yes, even they are bigger draws in most US cities.

I will say that it is an interesting tour for evergrey to get on. You have 3 death metal acts and then evergrey. I love diverse shows unlike some people but it does seem interesting.