Anyone staying at the Fairfield?

Hello
My girlfriend and I are staying at the Fairfield. It's going to be our first ProgPower, so I'm looking forward to it!

It would be cool to have a drink with some fellow fans :)

<---- Again that's me. This is the ring I always wear:
ring3.jpg

I'm always down for a few brews with the metal crew.

-MetalRose

This is Ed from Columbus oHIo- I'll be at the Fairfield again this year.

Can't wait to see everyone again this year.

This is me by the way (I'm on the right! LOL)
ed2.JPG

jaq said:
Hello
My girlfriend and I are staying at the Fairfield. It's going to be our first ProgPower, so I'm looking forward to it!

It would be cool to have a drink with some fellow fans :)
JAQ! I'm so happy that you're going this year! Hopefully I'll run into you!

Tammy Z

I'll be at the Fairfield this year again, along with Tony/"WarmWetOs", Aki/"Pollution" from fuckin' Finland (hell yea), Justin/"Mosquito," and, uh, some folks I've forgotten. We have one of those parlor-plus-bedroom suites, so the party potential -is- there. :) (I don't drink, but these rooms have full-sized fridges, which not concidentally can hold a lot of potable beverages.....and a kitchen too, I think.)

I wanted to get one of the HUGE suites like we had last year -- you could easily LIVE in one, they have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, etc. -- but they were sold out when I called. Those went quick. :)

Pellaz said:
I'll be at the Fairfield this year again, along with Tony/"WarmWetOs", Aki/"Pollution" from fuckin' Finland (hell yea), Justin/"Mosquito," and, uh, some folks I've forgotten. We have one of those parlor-plus-bedroom suites, so the party potential -is- there. :) (I don't drink, but these rooms have full-sized fridges, which not concidentally can hold a lot of potable beverages.....and a kitchen too, I think.)

I wanted to get one of the HUGE suites like we had last year -- you could easily LIVE in one, they have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, etc. -- but they were sold out when I called. Those went quick. :)

If there's a VCR in there, I think we might have to pop in TLD's concert that I hosted here in July. I'm bringing a copy for you.

;)

-MetalRose

YO! ProgRandy!! This is Taylor from Texas! Not sure if you remember me, but I've hosted a few Dream Theater M&G's and you've probably been here. You acted as though you knew me last year, aren't you a collector of Janet Jackson's stuff or something?! LOL! Anyway, yes the Brainstorm was awesome, I hope to upstage you with my Kamelot this year!! LOL! Anyway, Me and Barry are also in the Fairfield, just look for the guys drinking LAUGHING SKULL beer from the VOrteX.

ashaman7122 said:
Looking forward to hoisting a cold one with you, Ben...I hoped to shake a hand and buy a beer at the Iced Earth show in Austin, but missed you...big fan of Metal Reviews and really value the input your site has into the metal community...

Besides...us crazy Texans gotta stick together...and I always carry my token Mexican for protection (if my wife heard that, I'm dead-meat!)

Alright...enough fan-boy gushing...

Rock on!

I didn't know you were at the Austin show?

hello all progggggggg fans the time is growing nearer , all fans lets have a party at the fairfield , we will CALL IT WELCOME TO PROG FAIRFIELD , POST SOME IDEAS , well my thoughts and prayers are with all who were ,affected by charley francis and now IVANNNNN , PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM OUR PROGGGGGGGGG , me and 2 friends are driving from houston ,tx we leave wed night 830pm , see u all there , i will be wearing SLIVER BLACK D T META 2000 TSHIRT , oh by the way i am the guy who was lip sync to BRAINSTORMMMMMMMMMMM LAST YEAR :()))))))))))

Pellaz said:

+1 right?..I just hope to get some sleep on Thursday nite relatively early if I hope to get up in time to have lunch at Roy's at Piedmont and Peachtree in the Marsh Building. They are only open from 11:30-2 for lunch, which only is available M-F. It should be a fun room with the 4 of us :)

Kyle

dargormudshark said:
I didn't know you were at the Austin show?
You betcha, dargor...

Corpus Christi promoters just don't bring in the shows (it's a lame scene anyway most of the time), so we spend a lot of time in San Antonio, Austin, and Houston...

Just can't keep a metal brother (and sister) down...

Rock on!

Sewn Shut is a heavy/ thrash metal band from Corpus Christi, TX. Very talented boys, well written songs, consistent vocals, good guitar work (not amazing, not horrible)

I've done some work with them... They've played here in Minnesota a few times. www.sewnshut.com is their site, I believe. Check 'em out and when you do tell 'em MetalRose from Minneapolis says "Rock on"!

-MetalRose

A reasonably well-known band from Corpus...I'll be damned...

I will definitely have to check them out...

See ya at the Fairfield, Rose!

Rock on!