The Fairfield Is Booked Omg Wtf!!11!!

The_Q said:
Sorry AMBR I think I need to clarify what I said about the Granada. I had a great time last year and at PP3 but when I called yesterday and today (a total of 5 long distance calls) I was treated like absolute shit every time. They told me to call at 7 this morning then 8 then 9 and then they told me they sold out at 6A. I was very very upset at the way I was treated. I know they were busy but isn't that their job to answer phones and take reservations? If they don't like it get out of the customer service field.
Gotcha, dude. :wave:
I think the leak of the date and the pressure from the forums must have flooded them. Not making excuses, customer service has got to stay on top regardless of the pressure, but....
when I called yesterday morning, they had everything open; any room, any type. But that was early. The guy I talked to said they had very little booked. They must have been slammed during the day to sell out so quickly...more than likely thanks to all the posts in this forum! :tickled:
I just hoped you booked yourself somewhere you're happy. CYA there!

I prefer the Fairfield Inn but between Hampton Inn and Granda I have to go with Granada. Their free breakfast is better, not by much but still better. The hotel itself is rather old though. In anycase you get a fridge and you can chill your red bulls and beer.

dargormudshark said:
Well Granada is booked and Fairfield is booked so I guess everyone is going to the Hampton. I wonder if Glenn is having problems booking bands since everyone went haywire when he announced the date.
Pardon the correction, but he didn't exactly announce the date; it was done "for" him. But yea, I was concerned about that too. Hey, life is better when Glenn orchestrates it for us, no? :p
Or maybe that's just me. This has been a bit of a chaos. :erk: At least as far as booking hotel rooms goes.

Why does the Residence Inn always seem to get overlooked? it's RIGHT DOWN THE STREET like if there wasn't a building in the way you could see the venue. It's nice... fairly cheap especially for all the stuff the rooms come with. I've been there the last 2 years. and I recently made a reservation for year 3.

Mephistopheles said:
Why does the Residence Inn always seem to get overlooked? it's RIGHT DOWN THE STREET like if there wasn't a building in the way you could see the venue. It's nice... fairly cheap especially for all the stuff the rooms come with. I've been there the last 2 years. and I recently made a reservation for year 3.
It looks like a lot of people are going to end up at the Residence Inn. How far is the walk from there, as compared to the Fairfeild? And about what are the rooms running right now?

This may be a dumb question, but this is the same Residence listed on the ppusa site, right?

-_- I've been put in charge of booking room this year. argh.

if i remember right, the residence inn may be closer to the venue than the fairfield. the best part about the residence inn for me is the location near a starbucks; i can stagger down in the morning and get my mocha.

btw, i'm jaime's pal tracy from california. :wave:

Yes, the Residence Inn is closer to the venue than the Fairfield, by about a block I think. I'll have to take a drive by there this weekend and scope it out.

If there isn't a fridge and a CD/DVD player in my room(s) there, I shall be -- in my best Princess Bride Prince Humperdinck voice, "very put out." :) Two full bathrooms, like the Fairfield suite, would be nice, too.....

Somehow the thought of a bunch of cosmetologists chasing ProgPower attendees around with scissors is pretty damned funny.

Blabbermouth: "In a stunning development, Progpower attendees and band-members awoke after a hard-drinking Saturday night to find their craniums adorned with corn-rows, shaped haircuts and braids. 'I've never seen anything like it,' stated ProgPower promoter Glenn Harveston, now sporting dreadlocks. 'It's like a tornado of scissors, styling gel and hair-extensions swept through the venue and the hotels. In some ways it's kinda cool,' pointing at a passing Jens Johansen adorned with corn-rows*, 'but I'm getting really tired of sitting on my hair.'"

-=-=-=-=-
* Uninformed speculation; I don't know nothin'

Pellaz said:
Yes, the Residence Inn is closer to the venue than the Fairfield, by about a block I think. I'll have to take a drive by there this weekend and scope it out.

If there isn't a fridge and a CD/DVD player in my room(s) there, I shall be -- in my best Princess Bride Prince Humperdinck voice, "very put out." :) Two full bathrooms, like the Fairfield suite, would be nice, too.....

Somehow the thought of a bunch of cosmetologists chasing ProgPower attendees around with scissors is pretty damned funny.

Blabbermouth: "In a stunning development, Progpower attendees and band-members awoke after a hard-drinking Saturday night to find their craniums adorned with corn-rows, shaped haircuts and braids. 'I've never seen anything like it,' stated ProgPower promoter Glenn Harveston, now sporting dreadlocks. 'It's like a tornado of scissors, styling gel and hair-extensions swept through the venue and the hotels. In some ways it's kinda cool,' pointing at a passing Jens Johansen adorned with corn-rows*, 'but I'm getting really tired of sitting on my hair.'"

-=-=-=-=-
* Uninformed speculation; I don't know nothin'

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FUCKING HILARIOUS!

Brent

Dang, I forgot about mentioning the possibilities of hair-weaves and dyes.

Oh, well, it's not as if I've let a pair of scissors anywhere close to my hair for the last ten years..........which makes me a primary target for the Hairdressing Horde. The Cosmetology Posse.

/me runs and hides.

Mephistopheles said:
For me, it's the fact that they don't have parking. We drive in from Tampa and I just can't see paying $16.50 a day to park. I think that money can be better spent on other things. (cds, food, and BEER!) Especially for the price you pay for a room that your hardly in. :err:

A lot of the hotels in that area charge for parking from what I've seen. It was $12 at the Residence Inn (10th street) last year (even though they have their own lot, this isn't a garage), the Granada wants $10 I think and the Residence on 17th is $16.50. I guess just like Chicago, can't seem to avoid parking costs which sucks.

Right now I'm debating between Granada (have a reservation there already) and Residence Inn (17th). Residence Inn is cheaper per night and it's a huge room, but then parking is expensive. Granada is a bit more expensive for 2 of the nights, but then parking is cheaper. It comes out to Granada being about $16 more altogether. The Granada is closer so it makes more sense to me to stay there. Only thing is, I've never stayed there so I don't know what the non-suite rooms are like. Do they have a fridge and stuff? I know the Residence Inn has full kitchens.

Irene

SavaRon said:
For me, it's the fact that they don't have parking. We drive in from Tampa and I just can't see paying $16.50 a day to park. I think that money can be better spent on other things. (cds, food, and BEER!) Especially for the price you pay for a room that your hardly in. :err:

Irene said:
A lot of the hotels in that area charge for parking from what I've seen. It was $12 at the Residence Inn (10th street) last year (even though they have their own lot, this isn't a garage), the Granada wants $10 I think and the Residence on 17th is $16.50. I guess just like Chicago, can't seem to avoid parking costs which sucks.

Right now I'm debating between Granada (have a reservation there already) and Residence Inn (17th). Residence Inn is cheaper per night and it's a huge room, but then parking is expensive. Granada is a bit more expensive for 2 of the nights, but then parking is cheaper. It comes out to Granada being about $16 more altogether. The Granada is closer so it makes more sense to me to stay there. Only thing is, I've never stayed there so I don't know what the non-suite rooms are like. Do they have a fridge and stuff? I know the Residence Inn has full kitchens.

Irene

The Fairfield and Hampton have free parking. I think the Hampton has a fridge in the room but I can't remember for sure. It doesn't really matter to me because I bring a large cooler with. That beer is nice and cold after being iced down for a seven hour drive!!! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

We've stayed at the Grenada since Propower II, and we will be there again this year. :p

Let me give you my spill on the place, since I'm one of the few who have been stubborn (or stupid?) enough to stay there every year. But have also visited each hotel in one form or another... hey I like to see where the partys are at!

So about the Grenada:

THE GOOD
it is older, but in my opinon, the bigger bang for your buck (i.e. you get what you pay for) Kitchen, full-fsize fridge, dish washing machine, pots, pans, utinsles, microwave...ect, ect.

No free breakfast at any other hotel in the area can top the thursday & Friday morning breakfast that the Grenada has to offer... sorry, but if I have my choice, I'll take the "Denny's" style breaklfast @ the Grenada. I HATE continental breakfasts! I can eat a bagle and cearel any given day, bring on the MEAT!!!! :tickled:

Living in luxury. I'm on vacation when I come to progpower, I'm not there to pinch penny's, and coop myself up for week in a shanty small room with 4+ other peopel and only a large bed. The Grenada is quite plush with MANY ammenaties unlike any other hotel + more. If you want to save your money for CD's and such... you will want a diffrent Hotel. This place is pricey.

Happy hour!!!!!
if you don't drink, then this is unimportant, but I'm all for free booze, and the Grenada doesn't spare the whip when it comes to giving you free drinks at 5:00pm. So if you like to tip back a few free drinks with freinds, tjis is your hotel! We always hit happy hour and get lit like roman candles for only a few dollars in tips.... its fun for the whole family! You just can't beat it.

Bands - you have a very, VERY good chance of hanging with the bands, just like at the Fairfield, assuming Glenn still books them there like the years past. (of ocourse you never know) If this is a big thing for you, then you will want to book the Grenada, if you are not a fan boy like me... then you might want to go were there are no party's, as it WILL get loud.

free shuttle bewteen 8am-3pm on the weekdays.. use this to gather supplies when you arrive!

THE BAD

It is an old building, thus you might run into some problems, for example: we had a really good leak in our room...right in the light socket!! This was during the hurricane ofcourse... but it got pretty messy. Also the heating/air conditioning isn't the greatest , and if you have a large room, it can get cold at night real fast if you are sleeping in the room with the pull-out couch.

The elevator sucks. ask anyone whos stayed/visited... you'll be taking the stairs 90% of the time if you are in a hurry. Me, one other attnddee and Mike Terrana all got stuck on it twice and got "lost" on the wrong levels because it took so long to get to the particluar floors. Pretty funny at the time... but really annoying when it happens so often.

They lock the doors after 11:00pm, so if you don't have a key-card to get in, you will have to have someone that's inside, let you in, or ring for thefront desk, and they will probably read you the riot act if you are not a guest there.

They have "bumped" peoples reservations before... there has never been a good explination to this by the hotel themsleves, and they have had a diffrent excuse every time, but it seems to always be those that arrive on Thursdays (Friday last year.. only two groups of people) that get "bumped" . So be weary of this!!!! :yell:

THE UGLY
The Hall-Nazi
The first year we were there, we had no issues, year #2 it was becoming a small problem, buy by year #4 they had cracked down hard on the partying. This is more or less why the party had moved to the Fairfiled by year #4. After midnight, They had some big mo' fo' security guy walking the halls, and bangning on doors (or waliking into the room if they are open) and telling people to keep the noise down, or they would be kicked out. Then you would have the front desk chewing out the people on the front porch who were smoking, to keep the "Volume level to a minimum" because it's disturbing other customers.

keep in mind, on year #3 and #4 they had conventions going on (kind of like the one that's happening at the Faifrield this year) and the Grenada was where a majority of the NON-propower attendees were staying. this of course was the reason they had such a strict hall-nazi, and there were no party's of any rela value.

However, it looks like the Grenada is going to be taken over by a majority PP attendees, much like year II and III, which might make it lean it to be party central once again, just like the first time we came to the festival. ahhh... the memories. :p This post wasn't to sway anyone in any direction.. jsut to let you know what your in for both good and bad.

well, hopefully that helps some of you make a choice one way or the other. maybe we'll see you at the Grenada for happy hour!
:headbang:

\m/
Dustin

Cool, thanks for all the info!

I do get there Thursday, and I got a AAA discount so hopefully they don't bump my reservation. What is it that they gave as an excuse? Was the reservation just "gone"? I mean if you come in with a confirmation number, can they really tell you it's gone? That sucks.

Irene

Dustin said:
We've stayed at the Grenada since Propower II, and we will be there again this year. :p

Let me give you my spill on the place, since I'm one of the few who have been stubborn (or stupid?) enough to stay there every year. But have also visited each hotel in one form or another... hey I like to see where the partys are at!

So about the Grenada:

THE GOOD
it is older, but in my opinon, the bigger bang for your buck (i.e. you get what you pay for) Kitchen, full-fsize fridge, dish washing machine, pots, pans, utinsles, microwave...ect, ect.

No free breakfast at any other hotel in the area can top the thursday & Friday morning breakfast that the Grenada has to offer... sorry, but if I have my choice, I'll take the "Denny's" style breaklfast @ the Grenada. I HATE continental breakfasts! I can eat a bagle and cearel any given day, bring on the MEAT!!!! :tickled:

Living in luxury. I'm on vacation when I come to progpower, I'm not there to pinch penny's, and coop myself up for week in a shanty small room with 4+ other peopel and only a large bed. The Grenada is quite plush with MANY ammenaties unlike any other hotel + more. If you want to save your money for CD's and such... you will want a diffrent Hotel. This place is pricey.

Happy hour!!!!!
if you don't drink, then this is unimportant, but I'm all for free booze, and the Grenada doesn't spare the whip when it comes to giving you free drinks at 5:00pm. So if you like to tip back a few free drinks with freinds, tjis is your hotel! We always hit happy hour and get lit like roman candles for only a few dollars in tips.... its fun for the whole family! You just can't beat it.

Bands - you have a very, VERY good chance of hanging with the bands, just like at the Fairfield, assuming Glenn still books them there like the years past. (of ocourse you never know) If this is a big thing for you, then you will want to book the Grenada, if you are not a fan boy like me... then you might want to go were there are no party's, as it WILL get loud.

free shuttle bewteen 8am-3pm on the weekdays.. use this to gather supplies when you arrive!

THE BAD

It is an old building, thus you might run into some problems, for example: we had a really good leak in our room...right in the light socket!! This was during the hurricane ofcourse... but it got pretty messy. Also the heating/air conditioning isn't the greatest , and if you have a large room, it can get cold at night real fast if you are sleeping in the room with the pull-out couch.

The elevator sucks. ask anyone whos stayed/visited... you'll be taking the stairs 90% of the time if you are in a hurry. Me, one other attnddee and Mike Terrana all got stuck on it twice and got "lost" on the wrong levels because it took so long to get to the particluar floors. Pretty funny at the time... but really annoying when it happens so often.

They lock the doors after 11:00pm, so if you don't have a key-card to get in, you will have to have someone that's inside, let you in, or ring for thefront desk, and they will probably read you the riot act if you are not a guest there.

They have "bumped" peoples reservations before... there has never been a good explination to this by the hotel themsleves, and they have had a diffrent excuse every time, but it seems to always be those that arrive on Thursdays (Friday last year.. only two groups of people) that get "bumped" . So be weary of this!!!! :yell:

THE UGLY
The Hall-Nazi
The first year we were there, we had no issues, year #2 it was becoming a small problem, buy by year #4 they had cracked down hard on the partying. This is more or less why the party had moved to the Fairfiled by year #4. After midnight, They had some big mo' fo' security guy walking the halls, and bangning on doors (or waliking into the room if they are open) and telling people to keep the noise down, or they would be kicked out. Then you would have the front desk chewing out the people on the front porch who were smoking, to keep the "Volume level to a minimum" because it's disturbing other customers.

keep in mind, on year #3 and #4 they had conventions going on (kind of like the one that's happening at the Faifrield this year) and the Grenada was where a majority of the NON-propower attendees were staying. this of course was the reason they had such a strict hall-nazi, and there were no party's of any rela value.

However, it looks like the Grenada is going to be taken over by a majority PP attendees, much like year II and III, which might make it lean it to be party central once again, just like the first time we came to the festival. ahhh... the memories. :p This post wasn't to sway anyone in any direction.. jsut to let you know what your in for both good and bad.

well, hopefully that helps some of you make a choice one way or the other. maybe we'll see you at the Grenada for happy hour!
:headbang:

\m/
Dustin