Anyone still into buying albums!?

puhlease, mister Külta, Gutter Ballet, the best of Savatage... (ok, it has the titeltrack and when the crowds are gone) but seriously better then Hall Of The Mountain King or Sirens?

puhlease, mister Külta, Gutter Ballet, the best of Savatage... (ok, it has the titeltrack and when the crowds are gone) but seriously better then Hall Of The Mountain King or Sirens?

I actually like neither of those albums. I don't like Savatage in general to be honest. I do however love Gutter Ballet. I bought that album in 1989 when I was in third grade. Thus it became my benchmark for how Savatage was supposed to sound and ruined their earlier more metallic releases and their later more...hrmm...crappy albums :lol: It's not about the individual songs but the album as a whole. I always listen from start to finish and never get bored. Smaken är delad som baken (roughly: "Tastes are divided, just like the ass), as we say here in Sweden :)

I'm not a big Savatage fan myself, but I like the first 2 albums. I got Gutter Ballet too, but there are a lot of fillers imo. Well, there are lots of people who like Gutter Ballet the most as well, so I guess it's just me... ;)

The Black - The Priest Of Satan

dark, powerfull black metal, with a Dissection aura all over. Although the influences are there, it is way more raw than Dissection.
great album!

In Conspiracy With Satan - A Tribute To Bathory

very good tribute album, well known black metal acts such as Marduk, Emperor, Nifelheim... covering a Bathory song (of the first 4 albums that is).
I like Emperor's version of A Fine Day To Die the best! really good.

yes! received some more classics today!

VON - Satanic Blood Angel
best of VON, so to speak. Amazing old school Black/Death metalgods

The Beast - Fixed By THe Devil
side project of Nornagest (Enthroned)
extreme UG black/death metal

Sathanas - Cruentes Diabolos
[dum and dumber mode on]I like it a la [/dumb and dumber mode off]

Verloren - In Zalvend Onmin
extreme suicidal Black Metal from Hellgium. Quite good.

Krieg - Destruction Ritual
UGBM classic

Arckanum - the 11 year anniversary album
compilation of 11 years of Arckanum.
great atmospheric UGBM

Black Witchery/Conqueror - Hellstorm Of Evil Vengeance
DEATH BLACK METAAAAAAAAL
UH!

Nachtmystium - Instinct Decay
I never got into the whole USBM craze but this is one hell of an album!!!

Goatwhore - A Hauting Curse
Old-school is so cool! :headbang:

Solitude Aeturnus - Alone
What a return! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Def Leppard - Hysteria
What can I say :lol:

Van Halen - s/t
Eddie is da man!

Opeth - Damnation
Had it...sold it...bought it again :p

Woah, 'Mr. Lapin Kulta'.. where do you get the money from to buy so many albums!

I work. It's as simple as that :) Also I rarely spend money on anything else than cds. Cds, snus and beer. That's about it. I'm fortunate enough to know people that send me clothing for free (bandshirts etc) :lol:

We have a well-structured economic balance in our little family and as long as we have money for food and various things for my daughter (clothes, toys and so forth) no one bothers about my excessive cd buying habits :)

But Aus Nord - MorT
Weird but enjoyable

Paradise Lost - Shades of God
PL's best album in my opinion but for some reason I've never bought it until now

Good for you mate! Kreator definitely belong to my top 5 bands of all time. They were the ones that got me into extreme metal in the first place. My mother bought me and my bro the Endless Pain vinyl back in 1987 (or possibly 88). I was only 7 (8) years old and I loved the cover art. At first I was terrified by the music, then amused and after a few listens I started hearing the magick. Those were the days! :)

Recently I bought Battles in the North by Immortal, as well as Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk by Emperor. I also bought the Varangian Way (obviously!), just before I saw 300 at the cinema, which was a nice combination.:kickass:

Just bought:

asas.bmp

Definitely my biggest purchase of the year :lol:

:lol: Can't wait to move in!!!

I'll see Kreator at Jalometalli (Oulu, Finland) in August alongside Candlemass, Testament, Rotting Christ, Unleashed, Kiuas and a couple more. Will rule!

Testament and Kiuas look like they are going in the same directions, they both play in England at Bloodstock in August too. Ill be catching them there as the venue is about 25 miles (40km) from my house.

Arkhon Infaustus - Orthodoxyn
Sigh - Hangmans Hymn

Both above are ordered and on the way to arrive tomorrow. Really looking forward to both as their previous albums have rocked!

Behemoth - The Apostasy
A masterpiece. Again.

Candlemass - King of the Grey Islands
Fucking love it! Better than "s/t" and almost as good as "Epicus..." and "Nightfall".

Gloria Morti - Lifestream Corrosion
Pretty cool technical grind/death from Finland. I like the Chris Barnes-alike grunts from hell in particular.

Machinae Supremacy - Redeemer
Bought it coz it was cheap. Don't really like this band but they're from my neighbouring town and also the drummer worked at the desk when I bought it :) Have to keep the poor guy happy since no one else seems to be buying em hahaha :lol:

Death Breath - Stinking up the Night
Sold it and now bought it again coz it was cheap as hell hahaha. Kinda like it but it gets boring in the long run.

Atrophy - Socialized Hate (re-issue)
Atrophy - Violent by Nature (re-issue)

I love Atrophy! Every bit as amazing as either Death Angel or Vio-Lence but they never gained the same cult status.

Vulcano - Bloody Vengeance (re-issue)
Classic Brasilian black/thrash! Brutal as hell for its time and still rules!

Akercocke - The Antichrist
Not as good as their last one but I still like it.

Trouble - Plastic Green Head
This one shocked me a bit. I love "Psalm 9" and "The Skull" so I had high expectations. This is not doom however but rather sounds like some weird mixture of Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, Sabbath and Guns n' Roses (!!!)...Gets better with each listen though.

Klabautamann - Der Ort
Very cool black metal with progressive tendencies!!! I love it!

Excalion - Waterlines
Excalion - Primal Exhale

Standard neo-classical power metal. Pretty good I guess. Nothing that'll make me cream my pants though.

Unchained - s/t
This one I fucking love!!! Brilliant heavy metal in the Maiden-vein! Kinda weak vocals at times but it still rules!

Ghost Machinery - Haunting Remains
Standard power again. Kinda like some songs.

Memorized Dreams - Theater of Life
Decent Norwegian prog metal. Bot bad but nothing special either.

Savallion Dawn - The Charge
Pure crap

Satans Blood - Christians to Ashes
German's should do black metal (bar Dark Fortress).

Svartsyn - Bloodline
Blacker than black. I've always loved Svartsyn and this is no exception.