Anyone still into buying albums!?

yes, i enjoy Victory Songs alot. Blood is the price of glory has such a kick-ass intro!

i've ordered Tervaskanto by Korpiklaani, plus a hat, and some Ensiferum posters 3 weeks ago. none have arrived yet. :mad:

for the hat, you know Korpiklaani's guitarist? i got one like his. it only cost 10 euroes but the shipping from Finland cost about twice that. its taking ages. it did say it would take a while though.

Dekapitator - Storm Before the Calm
One of the greatest new old-school thrash albums I've heard! Sounds a bit like the legendary like Razor on "Evil Invaders" and in my book thrash can't get much better than that!

Maitreya - New World Prophecy
Proggy Opeth-esque death metal with a hint of Mastodon weirdness. A very promising act imho!

Enchant - Live at Last
Not a very good live album from a normally decent band.

Zonaria - Infamy and the Breed
Early In Flames meets Naglfar meets metalcore. If the last part would've been scratched I'd loved this like crazy. Now it's "just" a good album.

Amorphis - Silent Waters
WOHOOOOO!!!!!! Another brilliant album! Nuff said!

Tankard - Best Case Scenario : 25 Years in Beers
Re-recordings usually suck but Destruction and now Tankard have shown it can be done properly. Every bit as energetic as the originals and with a much needed improvement in the production (of course). Brilliant!

Crimson Glory - Astronomica
Weird album. I love the two first albums but only bits and pieces of this.

Insomnium - Above the Weeping World
Great melo-death!! Insomnium should be huge!

Windir - 1184
Windir - Likferd

Two classics that I finally had to get.

Stormlord - The Gorgon Cult
Pretty decent melodic black metal but nothing to get overly excited about.

Hermh - Angeldemon
YUK!

King's Evil - Deletion of Humanoise
Very cool japanese thrash! Sounds like Kreator and that's always yummy. Not a classic by any means but definitely worth owning!

Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - And Justice for All

Had to re-purchase these. Sold all my Metallica albums a few years back but the urge to blast Dyer's Eve, Leper Messiah, The Call of Kthulu etc that arises now and again became to big :)

I buy too many CDs for my own good.
Recent acquirements include;

After Forver - After Forever
Akercocke - AntiChrist
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
Gallhammer - Gloomy Lights
Diablo Swing Orchestra - The Butcher's Ballroom
Emigrate - Emigrate
Evile - Enter The Grave
Panic Cell - What Doesn't Kill Us
Obituary - Xcutioners Return

I think it's fantastic. It's not often a "new" band manages to truly capture the old-school spirit but HC have nailed it. The I HATE label is as usual a brand of supreme quality.

there you have it.
btw1, did you checked out Serpentcult yet? their signed on IHate as well, belgian Heavy Doom with female vocals. (which remind me of Dio and Messiah sometimes... no goth metal fag shit for sure!!)

btw2, if you haven't heard the OLD - Down With The Nails album I really, really recommand it. the vocalist of HC is their drummer now. pure Hellhammer/Celtic Frost/Darkthrone worship (signed by Nocturno Culto's Tyrant Syndicate label)

Yeah I have those albums, both of which are amazing!

I Hate is definitely the most reliable label out there today. The recent albums from Pale Divine, Centurions Ghost, Hellish Crossfire, The Austrasian Goat, Totem (Jex Thoth) and especially The Puritan are all kick ass! Always waiting to see what's next from them!

Agathodaimon - Blacken the Angel
Agathodaimon - Higher Art of Rebellion
Agathodaimon - Chapter III

Ehm, a kind of cheesy band but I've always liked them. Now I had the opportunity to catch all for 3€ each so I couldn't resist :)

Winds - Prominence and Demise
WOHOOOOOOOOOO!!! That's all I'm sayin'!

Yeah I have those albums, both of which are amazing!

I Hate is definitely the most reliable label out there today. The recent albums from Pale Divine, Centurions Ghost, Hellish Crossfire, The Austrasian Goat, Totem (Jex Thoth) and especially The Puritan are all kick ass! Always waiting to see what's next from them!

deserves a quote.

the Totem, well Jex Thoth full lenght is definitly the one I'm looking most forward to (besides de upcoming Serpentcult). Their ep is genious.

Sacred Reich - Ignorance/Surf Nicaragua 2CD+DVD
Classikk thrash attakk!!

Vanden Plas - Christ.0
Progressive and epic! Me like!

Isenburg - Erzgebirge
Meh...pretty good pagan metal but nothing special...

Debauchery - Kill Maim Burn
Standard death in the Six Feet Under vein. Nothing groundbreaking in either form or quality

Beneath the Massacre - Mechanics of Dysfunction
Far too clean to get my juices flowing! I need more meat in my brutality.

Duskfall - Lifetime Supply Of Guilt
Friends of mine. Finally had to get their last album :)

Dissection - Live Legacy
Dissection is Dissection

Old Man's Child - Born of the Flickering
One of my fave black metal albums of all time

The Crash - Comfort Deluxe, Wildlife, Melodrama
Three first cd's from finnish brit pop/rock band The Crash. I had to buy them 'cause I find them all for 10e. It was worth of it. Still latest album remains.

Aarni - Bathos
Weird doom metal and totally great.

recently bought:

Necros Christos - Trivne Impvrity Rites
Occult Necromantic Death Doom Metal of the highest level. Damn!
can't wait to see them in Berlin within a couple of weeks.

Blasphemy - Fallen Angel Of Doom

classic release by these canadian black/death metal skinheads.

Warning - Watching From A Distance
one of the best Doom Metal releases EVER.
pure emotions, low riffs and a magical voice.

Epica- The Divine Conspiracy
I'm not sure what think of this one. Maybe I'll have to listen to it again. Some good songs, some overly complex. Theres's way too much latin going on as well for no particular reason.
Amorphis- Silent Waters
Loving this already. Tomi Joutsen has an amazing voice.

Last week I got for my birthday...

Framing Armageddon - Iced Earth
First few songs aren't great but does get good after about track 4.

Jeanne D'Arc - Thy Majestie
Good ol' power metally epicness.