Anyone still into buying albums!?

I have 40 albums at the minute and I have a big ass list of albums to buy which I am working through...

@ Mr. Lapin Kulta:- Is this Behemoth album like their other stuff? I may have to get some of their albums if so.

There are two very distinct periods in Behemoth history. Satanica, Thelema 6, Zos Kia Cultus, Demigod and The Apostasy operate within pretty much the same technical death metal parameters. All the stuff pre Satanica is raw old-school black metal though. Very different from the new stuff. You should definitely track down any of the five mentioned above - preferably all :)

Couple weeks ago I bought...

Dimmu Borgir
In Sorte Diaboli
Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
Spiritual Black Dimensions
Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia

Fire Up The Blades - 3 Inches of Blood

Scrubs Soundtrack.

Last ones I got were:

Dance of Death - Iron Maiden
Fear of the Dark - Iron Maiden
Legacy of Kings - HammerFall

Nile - Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka
I like their later albums better (especially the one new is totally ass-kicking!) but this is pretty cool US style death metal.

Threshold - Dead Reckoning
Prog album of the year. One of the best releases in the genre since "Images & Words". Awesome melodies!

Entombed - Serpent Saints
Without a doubt Entombed's best album since "Wolverine Blues". 70% awesome, 30% decent.

Liers in Wait - Spiritually Uncontrolled Art
Bought this one for 1€ at Ginza.se. Good price for a legendary mcd. Raw technical death metal. The Sunlight production ruins it a bit though.

Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal
I've never been much of a mid-tempo death metal fan but this is enjoyable. Wouldn't hurt with a few outbursts of speed though.

Deicide - Deicide
What needs to be said? A legendary album. Awesome from start to finish.

Battlelore - Evernight
Asta Kask - En För Alla Ingen För Nån
Within Y - Portraying Dead Dreams
Threat Signal - Under Reprisal
Treat - Weapons of Choice
Beautiful Sin - The Unexpected

None of the above very good, hahaha, but they were all on sale for 50% of the "on sale price" so I paid roughly 3-4€ ech for them. I'll listen to them a couple of times and try to sell them :) Except for the Asta Kask comeback album which rocks!!! Best Swedish punk band ever (next to Strebers)!

Most recent purchases... hmm...

I think it was:

Windir - Arntor
Fucking ace. Love it
Turisas - The Varangian Way
One of the best albums of the year. Damn... great stuff.
Månegarm - Dödsfärd
Haven't even listened to more than the first track. That was disappointing after hearing Vargstenen and Vredens Tid first, but maybe the album as a whole will kick more ass.

and to Lapin Kulta, i must thoroughly disagree that Arkhon Infaustus is any good. New album bored the bejesus out of me. Oh well, to each their own :kickass:

As I said I had ordered the new Arkhon Infaustus album because the last one was great imho. Couldn't agree more about the new album though after receiving it. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooring.

King Diamond - Give Me Your Soul Please
Good album but no amongst his/their best. Some stand out songs included but also a couple of yawners.

3 Inches of Blood - Fire Up the Blades
I like these guys I must say. Painkiller era Judas meets modern extreme metal. A bit gayish, but good none the less!

Dekapitator - Calm Before the Storm
OLD SKEWL THRASH RULES THE WORLD!! Awesome album!

Deicide - The Stench of Redemption
Imho their best since "Deicide". Cool to hear 80's hardrock soloing/harmonies in extreme death metal.

Morbid Angel - Gateways to Annihilation
I like this one. A lot of people dislike it because of the lowered tempo but I kinda like the way the riffs slither forth. Completes my MA collection (vinyl and cd).

Rush - A Farewell to Kings
The best Rush album ever imho. Well maybe neck to neck with 2112.

So the new Arkhon Infaustus is not a good one to start out with? It is the only thing I've heard from them and was just... well, disgusted to be frank :lol: Any recommendations for further listening?

Today in the mail i got (as promos... but hell, might as well mention them)

Bewitched - Spiritual Warfare
The opening song is called Fucked by Fire... how can you go wrong? Good black/thrash in the vein of a crappy version of Destroyer 666. Definitely fun times.

Trelldom - Til Minne
:erk: haven't had a chance to listen yet. Will be doing that in a few minutes.

Naglfar reissues - Diabolical and Vittra
It's naglfar. So... yep.

Personally I only like the Perdition Insanabilis album which I think is absolutely amazing. Their older albums are not my cup of tea either, although I must say they absolutely destroy the new one.

Nice bunch of promos there btw. All four pretty damn good albums. Especially the Trelldom disc which is one of my faves from this year!

Yeah, the Trelldom one is kicking my ass. That might be one i have to buy a legit copy of (which, even though i get the promos, i still often do buy real copies).

thanks, i'll check out PI to see if i like it any better.

I had a sudden craving for progressive hardrock/metal and I found these at a Swedish online store for 1€ each so I figured, what the hell!?

Armada - Rage of The Armada
Book Of Reflections - Book Of Reflections
Concerto Moon - Rain forest
Condition Red - Condition Red
Condition Red - Condition Red II
Empty Tremor - Alien inside
Exhibition - Sign of tomorrow
Eyefear - 9 elements of inner vision
Icycore - Wetwired
Kenziner - Prophecies
Masquerade - Surface of pain
Shadow Keep - Chaos theory
Shadow Keep - Corruption within

Also got

Mayhem - Grand Declaration of War
The Provenance - Still at Arms Lenght

Recently I got

Load - Metallica
Pretty good album
St. Anger - Metallica
Not as bad a disaster zone as some might make out, but still not good.
Black Stone Cherry - Black Stone Cherry
Very good album!
Tervaskanto - Korpiklaani
Happy drinking songs!

Graded + - +++++ (total crap, kinda crappy, good, great, superb)

Nile - Ithyphallic ++++
Threshold - Critical Mass +++
Threshold - Hypotetical +++
Watain - Sworn to the Dark +++
Watain - Casus Luciferi ++++
Behemoth - Zos Kia Cultus +++++
Symphony X - Paradise Lost ++++
Entombed - Morning Star +++
Entombed - Inferno +++
Entombed - Uprising ++
Paradise Lost - Gothic ++++
Paradise Lost - Gothic E.P. +++