Windir - Arntor
Windir - 1184
Windir - Likferd
Windir - Valfar, ein Windir
Korpiklaani - Tales Along This Road
Einherjer - Dragons of the North
Einherjer - Blot

Mr. Lapin Kulta said:
I'll put it like this. It (Armada) is one of the best extrem metal albums I've ever heard!

It IS good, but one of the best extreme albums... don't think so... there are a LOT of extreme metal bands...
a subgenre like, Epic, Bombastic Black Metal with a new sound... would fit ;)

It IS good, but one of the best extreme albums... don't think so... there are a LOT of extreme metal bands...a subgenre like, Epic, Bombastic Black Metal with a new sound... would fit

Well, to me it is THAT good. I'm not to fond of black metal - aside from old 80's BM, in general but this album completely blew me away. It easily qualifies among the 20 best albums I've ever heard.

The last few albums that I've bought and still remember:

Ensiferum - Dragonheads CDs
Korpiklaani - Tales Along this Road
Evergrey - Monday Morning Apocalypse
Norther - Till Death Unites Us
Sentenced - North From Here

Can't remember more at the moment! :D

Mr. Lapin Kulta said:
Well, to me it is THAT good. I'm not to fond of black metal - aside from old 80's BM, in general but this album completely blew me away. It easily qualifies among the 20 best albums I've ever heard.

you can't argue about taste... but when i said, a lot of extreme metal bands that is every kind of extreme metal (including Death, Thrash and Black metal)
but hey, as long as you think it's a good album, enjoy it!:)

So true. I didn't mean to argue your points, just reaffirming my own standpoint. The reason I used the term extreme metal, instead of black metal, was to underline how good I think the album is, i.e. it's not only one of the best black metal albums, but one of the best extreme metal albums overall.

got your point. and music is something different for anyone.
anyway, planning to order/buy Arckanum's Trulen. MASTERPIECE!

Morbid Angel - Blessed are the Sick
A classic death metal album. There's not really much more that needs to be said about it. Not quite as good as "Altars of Madness" but it still belong up there among the 10 best death metal albums of all time.

Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion
The same goes for this album. A total classic. Every song is a 10.

Enslaved - Ruun
Best album of the year!? Alongside the latest releases from KoK and Dissection this is a serious contender for the spot. I love the way Enslaved melt together the furious attack of black metal and the laidback groove of old 70's prog. Amazing album. Even better than "Isa".

The Meads of Asphodel - The Excommunication Of Christ
A weird but good album. Fantastic melodies and cool riffs. There are some fillers though so the album doesn't really hold up all the way through. Bal-Sagoth meets Hawkwind = cool equation.

Morgion - Cloaked By Ages, Crowned In Earth
Slooooooooooooooooooow, doooooooooooooooooooooooom. Nuff said. Good album.

Desaster - Hellfire’s Dominion
Old school black/thrash for every fan of Bathory, early Celtic Frost, Nifelheim and similar acts. Not their best but still a good album.

Akercocke - The Rape of the Bastard Nazarene
Decent debut from these weird englishmen. I love the latest album but this lacks somewhat in the songwriting departement. Decent.

Infernum - The Curse
Old school black metal for fans of....ehm...old school black metal :)

Tristwood - The Delphic Doctrine
GREAT! Industrial death metal that reminds me of Nile, Behemoth, Mayhem and Red Harvest at the same time. Weird? Yeah, but it sounds damn good. Furious, brutal and yaaarrrrghhhh!

Burialmound - Devil's Work
Decent death/grind. Nothing more, nothing less.

bought couple of 2nd hand albums:

Satyricon - Rebel Extravaganza: first Album with the new Satyricon sound, they use on their latest albums... I like Volcano, and Now, Diabolical, but I like Rebel more... the complex riffing, drumming, the sphere of the album, nice!
BUTfor me the best Satyricon albums will, and always will be Dark Mediaval Times and The Shadowthrone! none the less, Rebel is an album wort checking out if you like the "new wave of BM"
Bewitched - Rise Of The Antichrist: another extremely enjoyable Black Thrash album added to my collection. chains, spikes and THRAAAAAAASH
Vintersorg - Hedniskhjartad: the first Vintersorg album (demo) and I must say, it's like you expect it to be. Older Vintersorg always combined Pagan influences in his (Black) progressive metal, and the first albums are a perfect example of how it needs to be done! not his best record, but very easy listening, and like a Vintersorg album should be, very beautifull!
Garmenhord - Langsch boschgheckweel ende tronckghecraeck:
Our Belgian Heathen/Pagan pride. may they rot in peace! unfortunatly they stopped last year, and leaved a big whole in the belgian scene. This is their first demo, with quality songs such as; "De Craeckende Cwaedebosschen Bij Naghte", "Sterck Alsch Nen Clauwaert, and their bandhymn;"Al Onder Den Beevenden Haeselaere".
All lyrics are written in "Old Dutch" and are about Flemish Tales (especially about the heretic Garm and his horde) and the Flemish victory in 1302! the french army beated by flemish farmers, UH!
link: http://users.skynet.be/fa223392/

Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales (w/emperors return) - The first Celtic Frost release with the EP that followed shortly after the album's release added on. It's a thrash metal classic, MUST HAVE for any 80's thrash/speed metal fan. Best track is probably Circle Of The Tyrants or Nocturnal Fear. I can't not give this 10/10.

Celtic Frost - Into The Pandemonium - A bit of a dissapointment for the follow up of the first release, but it's still classic Celtic Frost. Pretty much more of the same, but it didn't have the same classic Celtic Frost feel to it as Morbid Tales did. I don't know the best because i havn't listened to it that much but the first track Mexican Radio is good. I'd give this a 8/10 but i wasn't as thrilled as i was with Morbid tales.

Celtic Frost - Vanity/Nemesis - Great album, thought it was an improvement from INP, definatley felt that classic Celtic Frost feel. I love the track 'Wine In My Hands (Third From The Sun)' it's such a good song. Overall i would give this album a 9/10, Celtic Frost were definatley on form when this was made.

Speaking of Celtic Frost, are you as thrilled about their new album as I do?
If you don't compare it with their early albums, you get one hell of an album!
fuckin depressing, claustrophobic and pure DARKNESS!!!

Yeah first time i heard a song, i didn't think it was that good, but then i went back to it and it grew on me, i need to get that album!

Continuing my quest to purchase albums which I have only owned on vinyl previously...

Celtic Frost - Vanity/Nemesis
Unlike Feel the Force I don't like this album much. I must confess that back in the days I even felt "Cold Lake" was a stronger album than "Vanity/Nemesis". Still a decent slab of metal. Btw, speaking of the new CF album. My brother got that last week and we 'blasted' it during a pre-soccer (Sweden vs. Chile) party on friday. Everyone of us came damn close to falling asleep. Not a party album, that's for sure :) It sounds interesting though and I'm sure that after a dozen spins it should open up.

Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
What needs to be said? Extreme brutality. In my opinion Mayhem have done better stuff than this afterwards (and before, for that matter) but it is definitely a classic.

Diamond Head - The White Album
Four songs off this album have been covered by Metallica. And deservably so. Great N.W.O.B.H.M!!!

Heaven's Gate - Livin' In Hysteria
This album should have made HG as big as the Keeper albums made Helloween. A landmark album when it comes to speedy "happy metal".

Albums I have bought between January and June are:

Jim Croce: Classic Hits
In Extremo: Liam (Maxi CD)
In Etremo: Raue Spree 2005 Live
Toby Keith: White Trash With Money
Patiotic Country 2
Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
Rammstein: Rosenrot
Big and Rich: Comin' To Your City
Black Sabbath: Paranold
Trans-Siberian Orchestra: The Christmas Attic
Trans-Siberian Orchestra: The Last Christmas Eve