Anyone still into buying albums!?

I'm seriously into this new Celtic Frost album, it's a pure dark manifest... doom, death, goth, black metal in a way I never heard it before... Monotheist leaves a desolated, cold, claustrophobic feeling behind...

Parts of it I've "heard" before. The poppy stuff sounds extremely much like newer Tiamat to me, while the more adventurous stuff reeks of Neurosis. That was actually my first reaction to new new CF - "Damn! They've stolen everything!". But as they say, it's all in the eye of the beholder/ears of the listener :)

eva_dolly said:
oh yes I know or I would not have Valfar in my sig^^.. just waiting for my bank card to come

I have signatures disabled so I wouldn`t have noticed Valfar in yours,

On topic - I haven`t brought any news cds for awhile, Got to change that and soon!

Does anyone have the Quo Vadis DVD? I've seen clips, it looks awesome.
I'm either going to buy that or Ensiferum's DVD, but i don't know which one.

The only reason I usually d/l as oppose to buying is if I have not heard a band and want to hear a few tracks before I go spend good money on an album instead of paying money to find out I hate it. If I like a band I will buy the albums and merch to give my support. Or if I am only looking for a single track which seems to be the case with almost anything I listen to that isn't some form of metal. I used to d/l music more often but now that my cd collection has grown I hardly ever d/l anything because I always have something to listen to. Its also rather hard to find the stuff I am more interested in here in Canada or at least my specific location. There is not a chance in hell I'd ever see Turisas in a music store around here. So I often order my cds online. This also usually ends up being cheaper despite shipping as imports can be rather pricey here. Just this past Sunday night I believe it was I ordered.

Turisas - Battle Metal
Ensiferum - Ensiferum
Gamma Ray - Land Of The Free

Last Purchases I made at the local music shop which was 13 days ago, I remember because I got a parking ticket while I was there. Which reminds me I only have 2 days left to pay it. :lol: were.

Luca Turili - The Infinte Wonders Of Creation (Which is ok but left me dissapointed)
Megadeth - Peace Sells... ( for the second time )

I generally try to buy a cd or two every paycheque.

Got to buy them or this weekend, or later this month (we'll see how much money there is left from the Midsummer Massacre!)
bought Sepultura's Morbid Visions/Bestial Devestation cd today... killer album!
good old thrash metal! buy or die!

Mötley Crüe - Red, White & Crüe
I have all the albums but I bought this to have in the car. Great summer music.

Evildead - Annihilation of Civilization
Classic thrash!

Evildead - The Underworld
More classic thrash!

Destruction - Mad butcher / Eternal devastation
Even more classic thrash!

Destruction - Sentence of death / Infernal Overkill
And would you believe...more classic thrash again!

Mr. Lapin Kulta said:
Got today: Ensiferum - 10th Anniversay Live DVD

Gotta say it's pretty good. The sound is perfect, the filming is not superb but good enough. The only thing that bothers me is Petri Lindroos, but I can stand him due to the multitude of great music.

I want it!!

Mr. Lapin Kulta said:
Destruction - Mad butcher / Eternal devastation
Even more classic thrash!

Destruction - Sentence of death / Infernal Overkill
And would you believe...more classic thrash again!

unbelievable good classic thrash!
the bütcher!

bought Motörhead's Inferno special edition today... with special DVD box... nice done!

hum yes..

Verjnuarmu - Muanpiällinen helevetti :headbang:
my personal new "discovery" from this year's nummirock/tuska. i didn't even know that this band exists until i saw their show. i really love their music, their appearance matches the sound and the dialect-thingie is a funny supplément. maybe i shouldn't listen to the record that much since my finnish still is "under construction" and might go into some weird savo-dialect then. but once again, i don't think that there are so many differences from the written finnish, compared to my language where we have a) no written language and b) maybe 100 (or more?) really hard to understand dialects. but maybe finnish isn't that flexible since it's a written language...

Eluveitie - Spirit :headbang:
well, i got that one for free, but still... it's owns TOTALLY. everyone should now start realising that swiss folk metal exists! :)

Forst of Fog - Untergang :headbang:

umm.. well.. Black Metal!!! but it owns really..

Teräsbetoni - Vaadimme metallia :erk:

i really liked Teräsbetoni so far, but this album sucks. the first half of it isn't worth listening, it gets better later and their booklet is just a bad copy of the appearance of Turisas....

and there was this finnish sampler. however... didn't listen to that one yet :)

Mr. Lapin Kulta said:
I suppose at least some of you guys n' gals still favour buying albums instead of downloading. I'm an avid collector of music myself and I love seeing what albums other people buy. These are my own purchases from the last two weeks...

Bal-sagoth - The Chthonic Chronicles +++
Mastodon - Call Of The Mastodon +++
Atheist - Piece of time +++++
Darkthrone - Cult is alive ++++
Death - Spiritual healing ++++
Death - Leprosy +++
Decapitated - Organic hallucinosis ++++
Gehenna - Adimirion Black +++
Krixhjälters - Evilution ++
Samael - Reign of Light +++
Agent Steel - Omega Conspiracy +++
Wolf - Wolf ++
Morgana Lefay - Maleficium ++
Skyclad - Jonah's Ark +++++
Lion's Share - Perspective +

I prefer buying albums because, I know in the event, that my computer fucks up, I have hard copies of all of my songs. The good thing is, when I download stuff off HMV, and my computer lost everything for example, I can redownload the songs for free.

Bought the re-release of The Somberlain today... great artwork, very nice done!
and also bought Shaarimoth Current 11 (Satanic Death Metal in the vein of Deicide, Morbid Angel, Behemoth and much ancient middle eastern melodies, GOOD!

Have been to Finland and brought myself some presents! :cool:

Verjnuarmo - Muanpiällinen Helevetti
Eluveitie - Spirit (Thanx Mel!)
Children Of Bodom - Tokyo Warhearts
Metsatöll - Sutekskäija
Tarot - To Live Forever
- For The Glory Of Nothing
- To Live Again
Sentenced - Down
Ensiferum - 10th Anniversay Live DVD

I would have bought more but well it's always about the money!!! :erk: