Anyone that uses V-Amp2 ?

Lord_of_the_strings

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2005
ive been trying to get michael romeos sound like forever now. I know its easy to get his sound with a line 6 pod, but im not that rich to get one of those =/. So im wondering if anyone has made a preset that is close to his sound on a v-amp 2.

Thanks in advance

I am :) I also tried to find his tone sometime. But i didn't try enough. I'll check it out again, and if i come up with something, i'll let you know.

Holy crap! I actually use this thing too! I actually have something in common with someone on the forum! :loco:

I'm really glad I bought this instead of a Pod XT or something, since so many people use that and this deserves some recognition.

Actually if i had the vision i have today, when i was buying this thing, i would go for a "Sansamp Tri ac", or something like it. Yes, V-amp 2 has many amp simulations on it, but most of them suck imo. I only use a few of them. And the worst thing is, it never gives the warmth and punch of the analog systems. Reverb options are good, but gain controll works just like a distortion switch. It should have been much more than this. Most of the amp simulations are very close to each other. There are 32 but half of them are very similar.

So, next time, i won't go for an "all in one" thingy.

So what about POD, anyone uses POD ? Is it any good ?

Yeah i agree with you a bit there turke. I've tried alot of different amp simulators. But the V-amp is the only one worth its price. I borrowed a line 6 pod xt pro (rack). I have some things recorded with it if someone wants to hear. Anyways. I spent about 15 minutes on playing with the xt pro and got really good sound. It was the closest i got to romeos sound. But in the same time the XT pro costs about 800-900 Euro here. And there was only 1 sound on the xt pro that was good, i think it was 4C called "Agro". Well, i'll either try to get as good sound with my v-amp or i'll sell my soul to the devil and buy a line 6 Vetta :p