Anyone there?

PhlegethonVeins

Autopsy Obsessed
May 3, 2005
WI
If so, talk. I suck at thinking of thread topics soo,

lets just make this one for the SM fans to talk about their recent discoveries and indulgences in art.

I, myself have been listening to Leonard Cohen at an obsessive rate as of late

Anyone doing their own thing with various forms of creative expression? I haven’t been writing poetry as often as I used to, but a few random sparks have come my way recently.

Once school starts up again and I get a chance to hit up the studios again I hope to be writing more stuff for my fun little death metal project, and actually get some semi-professional tracks recorded this time around.

(Just an attempt to spark some more life to this forum)

I dont know why this forum is still here it sucks...

I've just bought the last 3 vintersorg cds which i am trying to dig into right now. I must say the focusing blur is awesome!

Ooo and the New Arcturus dvd just came in the post so im happy :)

I'm here.

I've recently been getting into the Crash soundtrack. It's just... beautiful. I really don't listen to anything remotely similar to this music. It really has gotten me interested in other OST's.

Frosties said:
I'm here.

I've recently been getting into the Crash soundtrack. It's just... beautiful. I really don't listen to anything remotely similar to this music. It really has gotten me interested in other OST's.

Hmm is it ambient? if it is i might look into getting it. I adore that film. Im listening to Amiee Manns Magnolia soundtrack alot recently...great songs.

BTW i might do a lil review of the Arcturus dvd a lil later...

Yeah, it's ambient-ish. I really can't compare it to other albums, cause again, I don't usually hear this music. But some of the songs are just amazing - songs like Bird York's In The Deep, or A Real Good Cloak are just breathtakingly beautiful, powerful and yet laid back...

The other soundtrack I own is the Requiem For A Dream OST, and that's awesome too, but real dark and has some heavy moments (not heavy as in heavy guitars and drums). But the main stringed them of the soundtrack is great, and stickis in your head for hours. I watched the movie again after getting to know the soundtrack well, and it really added to the experience, making the movie even more depressing. At least for me it was like that.

Frosties said:
Yeah, it's ambient-ish. I really can't compare it to other albums, cause again, I don't usually hear this music. But some of the songs are just amazing - songs like Bird York's In The Deep, or A Real Good Cloak are just breathtakingly beautiful, powerful and yet laid back...

The other soundtrack I own is the Requiem For A Dream OST, and that's awesome too, but real dark and has some heavy moments (not heavy as in heavy guitars and drums). But the main stringed them of the soundtrack is great, and stickis in your head for hours. I watched the movie again after getting to know the soundtrack well, and it really added to the experience, making the movie even more depressing. At least for me it was like that.

Yeah Requiems score is really good isnt it...that main theme is so moving.

I'm here :)...and I'm about to go to a gig in 2 hours..Riverside/Aurora Project/Vandenplas..I'm all excited to hear Riverside..I'll try to make a few pics ok?....bye :wave:

Angeleyes Part II said:
I'm here :)...and I'm about to go to a gig in 2 hours..Riverside/Aurora Project/Vandenplas..I'm all excited to hear Riverside..I'll try to make a few pics ok?....bye :wave:

Yay.

FUBAR said:
Yeah Requiems score is really good isnt it...that main theme is so moving.

It is, but I still cant help but feel dirty after watching that movie. Not in a moving kind of way.

Ok,Riverside was AMAZING!! It was soooo beautiful.."The Curtain Falls" made me cry..I should learn to stop doing that at a gig,but just can't help it,I always get overwhelmed by emotions with certain songs..

Here's the setlist:
1) Intro..
2) SF..
3) Artificial..
4) I Turned You Down..
5) Sls..
6) Loose Heart..
7) I Believe..
8) Dance With..
9) The Curtain Falls..
-------------------
10) Out Of Myself..
11) Reality Dream II ( made me speechless :oops: )

Unfortunately they didn't play "Conceiving You"..

Pics!!

This is The Aurora Project..Great music (Prog./Psychedelic),nice dudes..:)

p1010037vy3.jpg

Did I mention there from my country ;)

p1010039yv2.jpg

Mox playing Keyboards for The Aurora Project..

p1010042kr3.jpg

Sorry if some of the pics are blurry,but I have a crap camera..and my laptop sucks too...ppffff..

p1010067qh0.jpg

p1010071yh0.jpg

This is the last one from Riverside..if it was up to me they could have played atleast for 1 hour more longer..you know,they play and sing live just as good as on their albums,only you just experience it more intense played live..I had a great night!..:)

Oh,I forget the pics of Vandenplas..:p here you go..I didn't know this band,and to be honest it's not really my cup of tea..there were only 2 songs that I actually liked I think the ballad was "Fire Rose" or something and some song called I dunno "postcard..something" sorry...the vocalist was cute tho...

I just put them up,cause I dunno their names..

p1010087qe0.jpg

:ill:

p1010081bq0.jpg

Compliments for the Keyboard player,that guy was really and I mean really good!!!

p1010085dp8.jpg

And the last 2!

p1010088tg1.jpg

Cute smile!! ;)

p1010091ky3.jpg

Well that's it..I did my part to fill this thread! Now it's up to you guys..I gotta rush cause I have a birtday dinner to go to in about 2 hours,which in Italian usually means it's going to be very looonnggg ..and I still wearing my payama's or something like that.. ciao! :wave: