Anyone up for remixing/remastering a song or two?

Turn the tracks up and you can hear a distinct 'SHhhhshhhhhh' sound of noise in the back. That noise is too loud relative to the track volumes.

In other news, I still can't master this track properly for some reason... either Nuendo is playing a trick on me, or I'm doing something drastically wrong. If I just put my mix up, would one of you attempt mastering it for me? Just to see where the heck I'm going wrong!

hmm... ok... from the gear i've listen in my sig, except that I used 414's on the overheads... is there anything you can suggest to prevent the noise floor from being so high (i think thats how to word it)...?

EDIT: shit, you know what, I just remembered... I used my 1066 to comp/gate all the drum tracks a bit AFTER they were recorded... that may explain a whole bunch of things... ugh... it would take me days to find the original tracks IF they are still in there...

probably wouldn't be worth uploading any more of those tracks as I did pretty much the same thing to all of them... :erk:

I'm getting better, I promise... :oops:

DONT HIT ME DADDY! :cry:

:lol: :lol:

Only thing i'm gonna recommend for future reference:

work at 44.1

I fucking hate importing 48k projects! hahahaha

Okay, now i'm just being picky.

But i honestly don't see any benifit.

:D

Thanks Gavin! I really like the sound of reverence on the snare. I try to minimize my use of verbs to 2 or 3 max... if you use too many all at once, you can disjoint the overall ambient environment of the track. Now.. to hunt for reverence... hehe.

Aye, the snare was Freeverb

Oh yeah! this was my first real mix on the new ALP5s!

Get the other track uploaded bro!

Alright... I'll do it in the next day or so, it took me like 6 hours to go from pro tools to finally getting it uploaded... i have to sit there and bounce each part in real time... thats the ONLY thing I hate about pro tools... i love that cubase just renders the files... they should make Pt do that...

There is noise because the tracks are recorded at very low level and not at the max level before clipping...so if you raise the level of the track after the recording...you have no room and lot of noise

There is noise because the tracks are recorded at very low level and not at the max level before clipping...so if you raise the level of the track after the recording...you have no room and lot of noise

Ok... so turn up the trim/gain on the pre until it peaks then back it down a hair?

I should probably invest in some better pres or some compressors for each mic, then... right?

So I can get the best amount of volume on the initial track? ... or do you have a different method of doing it?

You have to play..and listen from your monitor. When you start to ear distorsion, clips, pops,etc... turn down a little...Distortions are not related with the "red light".
Another good trick is to start your console with all the fader down at -5dB..so you'll have more room for all the instruments.

Going to try my hand at the track. Downloading now.
Thanks audiophile! More people should do this. Though I've been away from this board for a bit so maybe they have and I just haven't come across them yet.

Did you ever put a second song up for mixing? I read that 2 were going up in this thread, but only saw a download for one.

Here's my crack at this song. Mixed and mastered in Sonar 6.

I did not mix any toms in this mix. I wanted to do it quickly. I spent the most time re-autotuning the vocals.

http://www.sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/Splat88/Echoes.mp3

After listening to my mix, I think the vocals need to come up a bit, but of well.

ahhh, the lead vox panned slightly left freak me out.

makes me nervous, haha.

sounds awesome though.

how'd you treat the guitars?

@Gavin: Awesome dude, it seems those ALP5s were worth it. This mix seems like a marked improvement over the previous stuff I've heard you do, I was really surprised!

@Audiophile: ProTools is capable of consolidating files very fast. All you do is select the entire song, across all applicable tracks then go to Edit > Consolidate Selection.

Those audio tracks will now be in your session's audio folder... all starting and ending at the exact same time and ready for import into any other DAW!

I don't know pro tools...I mean: open your console when you have all the faders and turn down every fader to -5dB.
After this, find the max level of your tracks, listening for some distorsion and set the gain pot (as I have explained you some post ago).
Now, you can record your tracks.
If I say something wrong, guys, explain your opinions :D

HaHaHa... I just wanted to point out... I think its funny that most mixes have had tons of verb on them... and the song is called Echoes...

just wanted... to.. point that... out... :loco:

OH AND I'm definitely going back over and re-doing guitar and bass... and vocals... I'll put up the other song later today or tomorrow when I wake up...