Anything going on for those of us not going to Nightwish/Kamelot Wed night?

Fair warning: I wrote this post just after taking an Ambien. Any strange sentence structures or turns of phrase that sound like they'd be best pronounced drunk as the result of my very drugged and very sleepy mind.

I may not even be able to make Thursday. :( I think I may have to work that day, which means a redeye flight to Atlanta to get there in time for Friday. I mean, if I have a miss a day, it'll have to be that one, because they're coming around to Denver a few weeks later. If that's the bargain I have to make with my boss in order to get that Friday and Saturday off... I'll take it, because my alternative is working extra shifts that whole weekend (happens to be the weekend of our major biannual mega sale this year, and all hands are expected to be on deck). I hope I can cut a deal for the whole time, with bottles of Bombay Sapphire and 100+ year old scotch on the line (man has expensive tastes in booze) to "grease the wheels". So, we'll see what happens and how I can get him on board with the full vaycay or just partial.

If I do end up missing Thursday night due to unforeseen monkey business or me trying to bring him blueberry flavored Smirnoff instead of Gray Goose, is there any small chance of recovering the money for the 2 tickets I have for Thursday? I mean, if I don't, then the extra money will just go to the bands, and I can't argue that that would be a BAD thing. But if I'm not going, I'd also like it back so I can have fun 2 weeks later at their show!

Fair warning: I wrote this post just after taking an Ambien. Any strange sentence structures or turns of phrase that sound like they'd be best pronounced drunk as the result of my very drugged and very sleepy mind.

I may not even be able to make Thursday. :( I think I may have to work that day, which means a redeye flight to Atlanta to get there in time for Friday. I mean, if I have a miss a day, it'll have to be that one, because they're coming around to Denver a few weeks later. If that's the bargain I have to make with my boss in order to get that Friday and Saturday off... I'll take it, because my alternative is working extra shifts that whole weekend (happens to be the weekend of our major biannual mega sale this year, and all hands are expected to be on deck). I hope I can cut a deal for the whole time, with bottles of Bombay Sapphire and 100+ year old scotch on the line (man has expensive tastes in booze) to "grease the wheels". So, we'll see what happens and how I can get him on board with the full vaycay or just partial.

Heh... this is either a typo or the ambien may be kicking in here... no matter how expensive his tastes are, there's no such thing as 100+ year old scotch, aside from one or two bottles that have been found that were bottled in the mid 19th century and have been sitting around in attics since. And if you can afford the $50,000+ that those bottles have sold for, you could probably afford to just quit your job if you can't get the time off! :)

If I do end up missing Thursday night due to unforeseen monkey business or me trying to bring him blueberry flavored Smirnoff instead of Gray Goose, is there any small chance of recovering the money for the 2 tickets I have for Thursday? I mean, if I don't, then the extra money will just go to the bands, and I can't argue that that would be a BAD thing. But if I'm not going, I'd also like it back so I can have fun 2 weeks later at their show!

If the Thursday show sells out, you'll be able to sell your tickets.

Heh... this is either a typo or the ambien may be kicking in here... no matter how expensive his tastes are, there's no such thing as 100+ year old scotch, aside from one or two bottles that have been found that were bottled in the mid 19th century and have been sitting around in attics since. And if you can afford the $50,000+ that those bottles have sold for, you could probably afford to just quit your job if you can't get the time off! :)

Both, I think. :p Ambien is an interesting drug. Some nights I need to take it, or I know I won't sleep no matter how bad I need it. But sometimes, I get on the internet after taking it, sure that it hasn't kicked in yet, and it has some curious effects on my thought processes. That rarely ends well, but at least I decide to do that instead of call my ex. I think I meant to say $100 instead of 100 years.

Dreamland BBQ all night long.

C'mon, that's not even GEORGIA BBQ - it is an Alabama import.

Fox Bros. Wed & Thurs night, open until 10pm. 1238 DeKalb Ave/ 30307

Harold's BBQ (no beer) open till 8pm. 171 McDonough Blvd/ 30315

Daddy Dz BBQ Joynt wed & Thurs till 10:30 pm 264 Memorial Dr/ 30312

These are Atlanta BBQ hotspots near downtown. There are more, but I can speak for these 3.

C'mon, that's not even GEORGIA BBQ - it is an Alabama import.

Fox Bros. Wed & Thurs night, open until 10pm. 1238 DeKalb Ave/ 30307

Harold's BBQ (no beer) open till 8pm. 171 McDonough Blvd/ 30315

Daddy Dz BBQ Joynt wed & Thurs till 10:30 pm 264 Memorial Dr/ 30312

These are Atlanta BBQ hotspots near downtown. There are more, but I can speak for these 3.

We stay out of downtown and Dreamland is within walking distance from the hotel. so that is the winner. would love to try the other places one day.

Dreamland: Ain't Nothing Like Them Nowhere (TM)

I guess my problem is that I've enjoyed the original, as well as some of the older expansion Dreamlands in Alabama - and the Dreamland in Roswell, GA was really good, once upon a time.

I've been really disappointed in other Dreamland locations - somewhat like Shane's Rib Shack here in Metro Atlanta. It's tasty food - but it doesn't taste like "barbecue" anymore. Some things you simply can't mass market or easily replicate.

Kind of like music festivals, I suppose.

But, yes, I see the appeal of being close to the hotel.

I guess my problem is that I've enjoyed the original, as well as some of the older expansion Dreamlands in Alabama - and the Dreamland in Roswell, GA was really good, once upon a time.

I've been really disappointed in other Dreamland locations - somewhat like Shane's Rib Shack here in Metro Atlanta. It's tasty food - but it doesn't taste like "barbecue" anymore. Some things you simply can't mass market or easily replicate.

Kind of like music festivals, I suppose.

But, yes, I see the appeal of being close to the hotel.

I'm talking about the Roswell location. I loved it when I lived in Roswell, and it's still a highlight of my return trips.

Have we successfully derailed this thread yet?