AoS - Complications

karpsmom

May 25, 2005
New Jersey, USA
So how many people have the new AoS EP? I'm curious what it is like. I'm very very sad, because I can't afford to buy it yet.... I think about it everyday, but I am literally BROKE right now, I can't even afford bus fare to get to school so I have to walk. :cry: I'm dying to hear this EP, but until then, I'd like to know what it sounds like! :D

I'm going to Trondheim (a norwegian city) for a couple of days tomorrow. I'm going to buy it if I can find it. I will report back to you.

The new one? I want it :(

EDIT: Just so happened to jump onto The End Records and purchased the EP... hopefully it'll be here fast. :D

Because Borknagar and Winds are two very different bands, and both have key members of AoS in them, so I wanted to ask Bork fans who might not visit this board, and vice-versa.

Not a bad idea at all actually, hehe.

I got it in the mail last wednesday and I must say it's nice, but I'm not really getting the hang of it. Not in the mood or something like that. It does sound like the debut album, yet a bit more guitarwork and more simple drumming (?). I'll let you know when I've given it a good spin. :)

Thanks for posting your opinions guys. Honestly, people's opinions have been going both ways on this one, and we expected nothing less. Some say they like it more than the old stuff, and some don't like it as much, but either way you "swing", so to speak, it's important to realize what this EP is.

It was intended as a bridging between the debut and the next full length album. I think it was a good decision to release this EP for several reasons, I might have discussed them a few times before in interviews I've done, but the main reason was time, that we knew we wouldn't have time to finish the full length for a while and we wanted to give something to the fans in the mean time. Also we wanted to avoid too direct comparisons between the debut and the next full length, and by releasing an EP in between I think we will accomplish this better than if we had just released two full lengths back to back.

Aside from this we also had too much material ready to fit on a full length release. The new tracks for the next full length are already written, so rather than just letting some of this material remain unreleased and unheard, we thought it would be a good idea to release an EP so that the fans would actually get to hear this material in stead of it just sitting and collecting dust somewhere, metaphorically speaking.

So one could say this was a strategic move on our part, one that will undoubtedly be questioned by some and praised by others, but we still stand by this EP 100%, and everyone in the band (with no exceptions) feels that this is the most accomplished work we've done with Age of Silence thus far. Considering how much acclaim and how many fantastic reviews the debut received, it is only in the cards that this EP will split the crowd in half. We anticipated it, and this was... (not synthetic, not fabricated) but calculated! (yeah that's right!!)

However, we do enjoy reading what everyone thinks so please keep on posting your comments! Much appreciated.

Regards,
Andy Winter

Well, I finally got my hands on it. It's very good, I admit, the first time I heard it, it felt much slower, and repetitive to me than the full length, but after more and more listens, gosh, it sure is damn good. It's DEFINITELY different, but it's still really good! I'm not dissapointed at all! I CAN'T WAIT TIL THE NEXT FULL LENGTH!

Yea, I have had this Ep since the releases date, at first i was disinterested. But i am not sure what it is, but the closer it is to being full on winter i start to like it more and more.

stabface said:
Yea, I have had this Ep since the releases date, at first i was disinterested. But i am not sure what it is, but the closer it is to being full on winter i start to like it more and more.

It's because we're getting closer to the shopping season of course!

Andy