AoS - Complications

karpsmom

May 25, 2005
New Jersey, USA
So how many people have the new AoS EP? I'm curious what it is like. I'm very very sad, because I can't afford to buy it yet.... I think about it everyday, but I am literally BROKE right now, I can't even afford bus fare to get to school so I have to walk. :( I'm dying to hear this EP, but until then, I'd like to know what it sounds like! :D

I've had it for a week or two, sorry I didn't check the forum sooner. Honestly I'm a bit dissapointed. I wasn't a huge AoS fan to begin with (I personally think that Lazare's unique vocal style tends to work best when counter-balanced, such as in Solefald), but I loved the frequent and superb uses of the piano. Sadly (at least to me), the piano is gone from the mix and has been replaced by a heavier (but effective) use of other keyboards. The overall style is more towards the prog rock direction, but still clearly AoS. It's definitely not bad, and I'm sure many of you will love it, it's just not my thing. The lyrics and the artwork are great, and the third song is probably my favorite.

Well, I got it. I'll say upon my few listens so far, I'm not digging it as much as the full length. It feels much slower over all, and you are right about the piano. I liked how groovy, faster, and dynamic the full length was. This ep, all three songs very similar to me. It's still good, but not as good as the full length by far.

First off, Acceleration is fucking great. Lazare is one of my favorite vocalist, his talent combined with everyone elses in the band makes for great muzak...

So the production on the EP sounds more cohesive. It's different, it takes a few spins to catch it. It's really good. The lyrical concept is far out. It sounds like they really know what they are doing, they aren't going play the same thing twice, if this is true, then it only gets better.

It's only 8$, anyone can buy this

I really like it, even if is without the tipical piano that make the sound of Age of Silence peculiar in my opinion.
My favourite song is the second one, "Mr M, Man of Muzak": Lazare seems to sing without breathing, he is astonishing:OMG: