April Ethereal live

For those of you who have seen April Ethereal performed live, or heard a bootleg of it, did the section at around 6:00-6:45 bother you? That's the time from the album version. It's played with guitars on the album but Per plays this weird organ sound instead live. I'm not that musical of a person, but on the album it sounds like Mikael is playing one part and Peter is playing another. Was there a need to play that part with the keyboard? Personally, thats like my favorite part of the song and I just HATE that part live. Its just weird and kind of ruins it...

Blackhorse_Experience said:
For those of you who have seen April Ethereal performed live, or heard a bootleg of it, did the section at around 6:00-6:45 bother you? That's the time from the album version. It's played with guitars on the album but Per plays this weird organ sound instead live. I'm not that musical of a person, but on the album it sounds like Mikael is playing one part and Peter is playing another. Was there a need to play that part with the keyboard? Personally, thats like my favorite part of the song and I just HATE that part live. Its just weird and kind of ruins it...

if you can send me the song in mp3 format with the organ sound, then i could help you.

The album has two separate guitar parts during this section.

On the last tour, another part with octave chords was added, which is what you are hearing/seeing Peter playing. Per is playing the part on the album, but it's with keys, so it sounds a wee different. Awhile back, I recreated this section with Peter's new part added, let me find it and post it...

That was a really good cover, but thats not the part he was referring to was it. 6.00 is the e note riff with what sounds like octave chords over the tope, and martins awesome drumming.

Alternative 3 said:
That was a really good cover, but thats not the part he was referring to was it. 6.00 is the e note riff with what sounds like octave chords over the tope, and martins awesome drumming.

Ooops!

Well, in that case, there is also two separate guitar parts, and on the album they are split up. Live, Mike and Peter are doubling while Per does the guitar part (octave chords) on the keys. Sounds fine to me.

When Opeth played in here, Per just played on a few damnation songs, not on April Ethereal and such. So, most of the time he waited behind the curtains.