Removing The Drapery Falls from the live set list

stefan86

invariably off-topic
Feb 19, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
www.deathdoom.com
Wouldn't this be a good idea? I know its a great song but I've seen it played live 3 times now. That could give them space for playing April Ethereal, The Moor and Blackwater Park in the same set.

They have already played those four songs that you mentioned in one set.

And pretty frequently during the last tour.

Mike has mentioned before that there are songs that Opeth "has to play," : Deliverance, The Drapery Falls, and Demon of the Fall.

Which makes me bring up (again) that for the next tour, I think it would be great to have Opeth tour by themselves, giving them a nice 2 and a half hour space to fill, in which they could play all of an Old album for one set, and then a regular set filled with the new songs from the next album and the stuff they "have to play." I think then everyone would finally quit bitching (at least, so much) about the setlist not including any old stuff and recieve one hell of a show to boot.

Now that I think about it though....

The likelihood of this happening is pretty slim since:

A) Opeth don't seem very fond of the old albums lately...

B) Their tour manager/record company/whatever loves to team them up with acts like Yakuza, Moonspell, and Devildriver (probably to attract a different crowd...ie. more business) so they probably wouldn't like Opeth to tour by themselves...

C) A two month tour of a two and a half hour, varying setlist might be a little too trying on our favorite band of lazy, video game playin' stoner/drunken Swedish/Uruguayan guys who never rehearse. (and I say this with as much love as possible) :worship: :kickass:

But hey, Primus did it. It seemed pretty successful for them. I'd say Opeth and them are about as big, fanbase wise (of course I"m probably way off...)

Who knows? Never say never...

yeah an entire "An Evening With Opeth" tour with differing setlists would be a great idea. I saw 'em on SwedenRock a couple of weeks ago and they played The Moor, it was completely awesome. I'd love if they'd try out some new songs in their sets, like "When" or "By The Pain I See In Others". It would also give them opportunity to play some mellow songs that aren't named "In My Time of Need" or "Windowpane" and have been played live 58737587 times :p

Mr. Niel said:
Who knows? Never say never...

NEVER!!!

Yeah, I've never seen them live but I'm sure as hell bored with Drapery Falls. It's on every audio/video bootleg I've got of them (except for pre-BWP shows, naturaly).

Mr. Niel said:
They have already played those four songs that you mentioned in one set.

And pretty frequently during the last tour.

Mike has mentioned before that there are songs that Opeth "has to play," : Deliverance, The Drapery Falls, and Demon of the Fall.

Which makes me bring up (again) that for the next tour, I think it would be great to have Opeth tour by themselves, giving them a nice 2 and a half hour space to fill, in which they could play all of an Old album for one set, and then a regular set filled with the new songs from the next album and the stuff they "have to play." I think then everyone would finally quit bitching (at least, so much) about the setlist not including any old stuff and recieve one hell of a show to boot.

man do i hope this would happen.
i say take out 2 of the 3 D songs mentioned above, and rotate during the tour (one show play Deliv and leave out Demon and Drapery, next show play Demon and leave Drap and Deliv)

play mayh or still life in full.

add some songs such as apostle in triumph, re-add advent, bleak, wreath
with mayh and extras: 13 songs
with SL and extras: 12 songs

that'd be fucking sweet.

The Dude said:
And henceforth The Drapery Falls shalt be banished into the wilderness never to return.

And there was much rejoicing.
Huray...

huray.jpg

lol

i like the drapery falls. ive seen advent live 2 or 3 times, and forest of october, but thats it from the first 2 albums. ive seen bleak as well.

they should play in mist she was standing / under the weeping moon. that would make me happy :)

An all-Opeth tour might not be entirely out of the question if their new label is a lot better than their last.

animalstack said:
An all-Opeth tour might not be entirely out of the question if their new label is a lot better than their last.

Yeah, and then I wouldn't have to sleep through Moonspell and Devil Driver this time around! o_O

Man, Im totally for them trying out other songs for their live set, it would be just amazing. I know how he says that some songs they "have" to play, but if they played SL or MAYH all the way through, and then added some Orchid/Morningrise songs, I dont think that there would be one disappointed fan walking out of there. And if there was anyone bitching, all the other fans would just tell them to shut the fuck up, because that to me is a dream setlist.

I hope "The Drapery Falls" isn't dropped from the setlist -- it's amazing live and I've only been to one Opeth show.

As for an "Evening with Opeth" show, I'd be down.