arabic metal?

Me and most of the scene here in Israel don't consider Arallu israelies.... They do not represent the metal scene in Israel, they moved to Germany, which makes them traitors of the scene, milk it dry until people get tired of you, get enough publicity for fame and money, and then move out of your country, that's so fucking lame... please do not relate Arallu to the Israeli scene... Nobody really liked them in Israel anyway :)
This post is lamer.

^Orphaned Land plays Progressive metal with Oriental metal and elements of Death/Doom.

There is this band called Arthimoth, they're playing Death metal and they are pretty good. There is ofcourse the Indonesian Metal scene and it's pretty good.

Oh and there is this band called Oath to Vanquish and they are from Lebanon. I don't really like them but you can try it if you wan't too.

There was a documentary here about an Iranian death metal band a few years ago... the members were due to be expelled or sentenced to long term prison sentences or even for capital punishment. The guys kept still playing.

yeah, i think this fact makes it quite difficult for bands to breed in some countries, if not for the legal rights then because the promotion, support possibilites they can get, it's like trying to start a fire with two rocks in a damp climate...it's a shame really :/

It has always been my dream to be able to procreate metal music fused with middle eastern vibes and instruments much like the Mabool album by Orphaned Land, namely the "Oceanland" and "The Birth of Three" Tracks. Arabic or Middle Eastern Metal would be great in my opinion. Just like you have viking metal or norwegian metal or any other genre of metal that is incorporated with an ethnicity or a heritage of some people somewhere.
I haven't found any other bands than Orphaned Land who have took this approach and really pulled it off. The use the Oud in many songs and it sounds amazing mixed with heavy riffs like in

Not to forget that Opeth does use some Arabic scales in some songs and its worth mentioning that Closure sounds very Middle Eastern that everytime I played it at home my family would ask, oh is that a Lebanese band? or are they Egyptian? Especially the last couple of minutes of the song with the keyboards, you'd find a lot of Arabic songs similar to that, basically a whole lot of Arabic songs have a woman or a man doing long choir Ahhhhhh's or lalalalalala's. ( Example: Kiss of Babylon - Orphaned Land + The Birth of Three)

THE SEVENTH HAD SEVEN DESCENDANTS!

I haven't found any other bands than Orphaned Land who have took this approach and really pulled it off. The use the Oud in many songs and it sounds amazing mixed with heavy riffs like in

abedeth, you have to listen to mezarkabul RIGHT NOW:

http://www.myspace.com/pentagramturkey

try "tigris" and "1000 in the eastland" first. mezarkabul (known as "pentagram" in turkey) are originally a thrash band who later incorporated middle-eastern melodies to their music. and you know what, proudly speaking, they do it quite well and without sounding cheesy at all.

Since most of you are opeth fans, I highly recommend the Jordanian Dark Oriental metal band BILOCATE, their latest release “Sudden Death Syndrome” was co-produced, Mixed & Engineered & Mastered at Fascination Street Studios, Orebro - Sweden by Jens Bogren (same sound engineer that work with Opeth, Katatonia, Bloodbath, Amon Amarth, Symphony X)

You can check their music at their myspace page http://www.myspace.com/bilocate

I would like to share some quotes from world metal famous Magazines about BILOCATE release:

- DECIBEL Magazine - USA

“Record labels are stupid. Here's a prog/death band-from Jordan, of all places-that's essentially Opeth but interesting, with perfect performances and production, and artwork by big names. They're atmospheric, unpredictable (one track is a stunning 17-minute journey), nuanced, heavy, better than 98% of the competition-and they're unsigned?!?!”

- Metal Hammer:

"Their new album Sudden Death Syndrome, isn't just a victory in that it exist at all, it's a stunning, heartfelt metal album in its own right, its rich atmospherics might carry an occasional whiff of traditional instrumentation as well as Opeth's fevered"

- Terroizer Magazine

“Though Bilocate have been compared to Opeth, perhaps as they've shared a sound engineer, that's too lazy a reference point as there's less of a concern with the 70s prog sensibility here than that would imply - 'Sudden Death Syndrome' is content to pinball around within (as admittedly broad interpretation of) metal confines without feeding in old camel riffs, an on a more mundane level, apart from the odd spoken passage vocalist Ramzi is a strictly death-growls only kind of guy. its very variety may come across as slightly old fashioned to some but this remains a tasteful and sophisticated piece of work that determinedly put the Jordanian metal scene on the map”

Read more reviews at this link

“Though Bilocate have been compared to Opeth, perhaps as they've shared a sound engineer, that's too lazy a reference point as there's less of a concern with the 70s prog sensibility here than that would imply - 'Sudden Death Syndrome' is content to pinball around within (as admittedly broad interpretation of) metal confines without feeding in old camel riffs, an on a more mundane level, apart from the odd spoken passage vocalist Ramzi is a strictly death-growls only kind of guy.

Wow. All those words - only one sentence! I want to give head to whoever created this super long and complex paragraph. This sentence is the Opeth of sentences.

It
Not to forget that Opeth does use some Arabic scales in some songs and its worth mentioning that Closure sounds very Middle Eastern that everytime I played it at home my family would ask, oh is that a Lebanese band? or are they Egyptian? Especially the last couple of minutes of the song with the keyboards, you'd find a lot of Arabic songs similar to that, basically a whole lot of Arabic songs have a woman or a man doing long choir Ahhhhhh's or lalalalalala's. ( Example: Kiss of Babylon - Orphaned Land + The Birth of Three)
Atonement too !! tha ahha hahhha and the intro of Beneath the Mire. Ghost Reveries was made in Syria hahahaha