arabic metal?

how do countries think?

:worship: All hail the Nationalist Hivemind! :worship:

propaganda1.jpg

Hmm for real music lovers, metal (and music in general) supposed to be an international language we all understand, regardless where this music is made it's still music and should be appreciated..

what a shame...your love to metal supposed show that you are against the mainstream, supposed to show an open mind towards life.. not a racism and judgmental accusations

if you would like just to throw accusations against arabs, try to be judgmental against those bands like Opeth, motorhead, arch enemy ...etc who came all the way yesterday to a gulf islamic country (UAE) to play in Dubai desert rock for the arabic fans.. ask them what kind of terrorists we are

here's my favorite arabic metal bands:

1-Gene (Syria) i don't even know what's their genre, it's jazz/ heavy metal rock/ progressive , over arabic lyrics (with one song about a taxi driver, yeah the lyrics makes me LMAO)
only one album so far

2-Nu.Clear.Dawn (Syria) heavy/progressive

3-Khalas (Palestine) it's mostly a cover band for some old arabic songs (very old songs) still very talented

orphan land are kinda cool but since i don't understand the lyrics it creeps me out LOL if you wanna label it it's either arabic metal, or Jewish metal (since they use Jewish scales sometimes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrygian_dominant_scale)

p.s: 1-arabic music includes (almost) all of the middle eastern music, so there is no Persian music (there are Persian scales though) only arabic music same goes for Turkish (again there are Turkish scales) and other middle eastern regions, why? well it's a long story check out Wikipedia's article on arabic music if you actually care heh
2-arabic scale is one or two of the ~42 arabic maqams because of even toning of the western instruments you can't get 1/4 note therefore you can't get other maqams, so only 10% of arabic music can be played with western toning system, unless you tried something new with your guitar ;) and that's what i'm trying to do for a quite long time
of course that doesn't apply to fretless bass /violin/vocal... because you can get a 1/4 note with those

sorry for my bad English o_O

There are couple of metal bands in Egypt like
.Kayan
.BadApple
.Segadoras
.Scorpism (they covered scorpions songs and their own)
Most they songs won't be in arabic but eg Kayan band got some metal songs in arabic such as : am okasha and it's a great song btw!
however most of them sing in English 'cause it's much easier i guess when you're attending the american university and all what you're doing is in English!