Arcane Sun

Im not sure but they are by far one of my most favorite bands. HIGHLY overlooked; more than likely due to only having one album. One of metal's best kept secrets in my honest opinion.

My favorite band. THeir self-titled debut is the most stunning piece of work I've heard.

The album is fairly difficult to find these days. The only place I've seen it is on eBay.

THe band wrote and recorded a second album entitled 'Fade', but it was never released by a label. Luckily, I was able to get a CD-R of it from a friend of the band.

Do whatever is necessary to obtain this CD. If you're looking for more info about the band, try searching the forum archives at www.metalireland.com

Life Sucks said:
Arcane Sun was the best doom metal band there ever was IMO. Too bad they broke up. Does anyone know if any of the former members went on to form other bands?
I know that Paul (vocalist) is in Eden Obscured, but I don't know if they've released anything. Feargal doesn't playu metal anymore the last I heard.

Hmmmm... well I don't have AIM and if their album is that damned hard to find I'd rather not set myself up for disappointment by hearing them and then not being able to get the album.

I've just been in a real doom mood lately. I just ordered a My Shameful album and am waiting for Pantheist and Swallow the Sun to be in stock somewhere. With the things I'd heard of Arcane Sun I was pretty damned interested but perhaps I'll just exchange them for Skepticism when the time (and money) allows me to further indulge this current depression. :)

It's pretty damn good nevertheless. One song from 'Fade' is on the In Unison compilation, which is comprised of about 25 different Irish bands over 2 discs.

Fade is a big more instrumental and proggy. Death vocals are still present, but it doesn't have the doom feeling of the debut. Still a solid album that deserves to be released.

Yeah, from what you say it seems like Fade is a killer CD, as it is more progressive while retaining the death growls. It's really too bad that we won't be hearing any more from the band. Fellow countrymen Mourning Beloveth have a sound that is somewhat in the vein of the self titled Arcane Sun CD, but they are not as good.

I like that name....Arcane Sun. =) From the review I read on metal observer, they sound almost as if they'd be comparable in some way to Morgion......i'm not a big doom head so i'm probably just making a fool of myself, heh.

I'll have to try and download some tracks sometime.

Dreamlord said:
It's pretty damn good nevertheless. One song from 'Fade' is on the In Unison compilation, which is comprised of about 25 different Irish bands over 2 discs.

Fade is a big more instrumental and proggy. Death vocals are still present, but it doesn't have the doom feeling of the debut. Still a solid album that deserves to be released.

Dude....I absolutely NEED that album!!!!! How, how, how??? Let me know!

I don't have a burner, so I have no means to copy it. I traded for it. However, you could probably contact jedifart (former Waylander member and owner of Metalworks Magazine), and set something up with him. He's the person I got my copy from. You can probably find his email address from www.metalireland.com

SculptedCold said:
I like that name....Arcane Sun. =) From the review I read on metal observer, they sound almost as if they'd be comparable in some way to Morgion......i'm not a big doom head so i'm probably just making a fool of myself, heh.

I'll have to try and download some tracks sometime.
They have a little similarity to Morgion, but Arcane Sun are much faster than Morgion. But both bands use synths sparingly.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
What's the fuzz about this band? I downloaded some mp3's and it was a very pleasant listen, but I don't think they came up with something too special. Anyways, I post some band recommendations below. If you like Arcane Sun you might also like the following random bands (some of them not very well known but still excellent):

LOST IN TWILIGHT
DEPRESY
GALADRIEL
DREAMS OF SANITY
HOWLING SYN
AUTUMN TEARS
LEFT HAND SOLUTION (older stuff only)
CORVUS CORAX
THE GATHERING - Always :)