"ARCH ENEMY welcomes Jeff Loomis as their new guitarist"

Actually, I have quite a bit of info about what happened from people very close to the band.
"I know a guy who..."? That's your argument? Even if it's true - and I bet it isn't - you'd still have a biased and one-sided view of the matter. Just because some roadie who once plugged in Jeff's guitar says something doesn't mean it's true, or impartial. And again, I don't even think you actually do know anyone 'very close to the band'.

The only people who get to judge Jeff on this are Jeff himself, WD, Jim and Van. Nobody else, especially any one of us, has the right to condemn people for things we weren't there to witness.

You think I'd hate Jeff for no valid reason?
Being the child that you are, yes, you certainly would.

Maybe it's you who needs to shut the fuck up.
I'm advocating for people not to spout ignorant hate at people they don't know. You're saying Jeff Loomis should be hated, and that others should hate him too, based on hearsay and gossip.

Pretty sure I'm not the one who needs to keep quiet in this particular case.

I jumped off the AE train not long after Wages of Sin but I have to say I'm surprised at how well they seem to be doing. The most recent vids with Jeff show some packed houses and they look like "big shows" with lights/production, etc. and it also seems like Jeff has brought some new energy to them. I have no problem with the guy making a living playing music and also doing it with a fellow guitarist who is his friend. If he stayed in the band and contributed to the songwriting then I'd have to be at least a little excited to see what comes of it. I'm not a big fan of the vocals like most, but the band itself seems to be pretty tight and the crowd is definitely into it.

The hate is strong in this thread :wave:

I think it's people coming to the realization that Nevermore is truly done. While Jeff was doing the solo projects and sessions, there was still the hope. Now that he has joined a real band and not an instrumental wankery band, that hope is truly gone. Now the frustration comes out.

I think it's people coming to the realization that Nevermore is truly done. While Jeff was doing the solo projects and sessions, there was still the hope. Now that he has joined a real band and not an instrumental wankery band, that hope is truly gone. Now the frustration comes out.

Sure. That being said, I prefer no activity than shitty activity for the sake of not dying. I wish some other bands would have stopped before making serial crap. The interesting part being that ex-Nevermore can do awesome things now, while they might not have the chemistry to do that in the band anymore.

i have one Marty Friedman album, Music for Speeding, and it kicks ass. you all should probably listen to that instead of whatever blue hair chick metal is going on ITT

Arch Enemy show was awesome, sound was crap so overal it was crap :rofl:

Maybe the sound was tuned to Kreator since they sounded awesome!

Sodom was kinda meh, too much of the same, and sadly we missed Vader

Maybe they thought they were another alternative band so hey mixed
The desk for em...
Oh well!!
Kreator wow are they still going....they must be 50yr olds or more