ARCH ENEMY's MIKE AMOTT: 'Heavy Metal Fans Are Such Bitches'

NocturnalSun said:
I love RTR too. and btw have u ever thought of what bashing metal newbies is doing? theyre new and learning whats good and whats not, theyre not fully developed yet, so give em time to find the real shit. When u bash em and make them not like that stuff, they're just gonna like it more. Plus, you need metal 'newbies' right now so they'll be experienced metalheads when all the current metalheads are dead. haha but anyway RTR is praised by newbies and plenty of metalheads alike.
Where was a bashing newbies? Nowhere. I was just commenting on the fact that RTR is mainly enjoyed by metal newbies not metalheads. I need metal newbies right now!? o_O :tickled:

Give me some links to some reviews of RTR that weren't slamming it for being total shit compared to their classic records, then I'll believe its widely appreciated.

SunlapseVertigo said:
I love RTR. Am I a metal newbie?
You could be for all I know, but I never said: Liking RTR makes someone a Metal newbie. I just said that I've yet to hear anything positive about the album apart from folks new to metal.

haha sry man I was in a 'Almighty and powerful metal master' mood when I wrote that. i wuz j/k. and btw you didn't bother to catch where I said RTR reviews ONLINE. Why didn't you catch it? Because it ISN'T THERE. :) When I said people have called it catchy/media-influenced or Heavy and a new direction in metal, i didn't mean on the net. I know tons of people I've met in person who love it.

the alumnus said:
sorry, you heard wrong. johan had a new band called hearse, i don't know if they are still around.

They're still active, for sure. From what I've heard, they've finished the recording of their second album and it seems like it will be ready for release around March, 2004.

Oh, no, I agree, man. Carcass was on a different level entirely.

Actually, I like the two newer albums better than the older ones, but it's just me.

i think it's painfully ironic that there is a massive thread of complaints about a guy who complained that metal fans complain too much.

anyway, i don't think that A.O.R is all that bad, it's certainly not as good as AE's other releases. I don't think it's a bad thing that bands want to make money from they're music, if they didn't make money, unless they were crazily driven, then they would probably stop making it and that'd suck more!

i don't look down at a band for making one less good or shitty album, it's when they bring out 3 or 4 in a row that gets me annoyed *cough* metallica *cough*

Metal fans are all whiny bitches cos i reckon we always think we are better than everyone else.

i don't really car whether Micheal Amott was serious or not, i'll keep listening to Arch Enemy until they realease an album that is as godawfully shit as St Anger