Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors

Dragonlord

utmost contempt
Sep 3, 2001
Corinth, Greece
I couldn't find the other thread about this album..I only got it a couple of days ago,but so far it's GREAT!La Masquerade Infernale is one of my fave CDs,and I've been listening to it for almost 5 years,since it came out...and dare i say this one seems as if it could be almost as good.Anyone bought it?

It's currently my most played cd, but I don't think that it measured up to La Masquerade Infernale.
It's my favorite for year so far.

I was the one that made that tread almost a month ago (god bless mp3s!! :p)
I said then and i repeat now that this album is a masterpiece...pure art...
I agree that it is not as strange and dark as masquerade infernale but still it is decades ahead of anything that other bands do at the moment. These guys lead music to a new level and especially the way songs are made...No more lyrics/refrain solo refrain songs!!
here a song may start, continue and continue and continue and end with totally new ideas...
definately the best album of the year...Only Opeth can do something to take the throne but i doubt that...If they can top Blackwater Park with their exact next album then they are not human...but gods...

LT:Yes so far I think it's inferior too...but it will take time to decide.I just believe that from what I've heard so far of the album,it seems it has the potential to prove itself as good as LMI.

Originally posted by Dragonlord
LT:Yes so far I think it's inferior too...but it will take time to decide.I just believe that from what I've heard so far of the album,it seems it has the potential to prove itself as good as LMI.

I understood this when you said it the first time and for my personal listening taste this disc isn't progressive enough to live up to the "potential" that you hear in it.

La Masquerade Infernale was my favorite album of the 90's!!!!!! Hands down!!!!! Now that's saying a lot! I too have listened for five years and still love it just as much today!!! I think the new album is brilliant! Yes, they are light years ahead of anyone else!!! I still can't help wanting more, though! I loved it from the first listen and so I don't think there's anything else to discover within its' tracks. Do you know what I mean? Certain albums take time to grow and you notice something else with each consecutive listen. La Masquerade was such an album. That's hard to follow up!!! I think they did a great job!!!

CHRIST

PURE SWEET HELL

well u made me curious ... just ordered La Masquerade Infernale .... lets see what this will be :)=

you almost copied my last lines about opeth toping arcturus! haha
lol